Search for content in message boards

Patrick Murray-Co.Mayo,Ire.

Patrick Murray-Co.Mayo,Ire.

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 10:05PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 6:19AM GMT
Looking for any info on the family connected to PATRICK MURRAY(b.abt.1800)of Westport,Co.Mayo,Ire.I think his wife was
ANN(last name unknown). PATRICK ANN had at least one son named JAMES MURRAY(b.abt.1828
in Westport)who married a MARY WOODHOUSE in Westport in Mar.1851. They had 11 children, some b. in Westport,Mayo, and most born in Clifden,Galway.Many descendants of PATRICK and ANN MURRAY immigrated to Peterborough,Ont.(through Buffalo,NY)in 1880.
Connected family names are LACEY,TOBIN,WALSH,
CARNEY,WOODHOUSE,and possibly EAGAN(of Clonmel,Tipperary,Ire.)
Thank you for your time!

Murray (Canada, MI)

Cathy Bergey (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2000 9:07AM GMT
Patti--
As I don't have any other info than spouse, children and location I can't make a connection but would like to stay in touch in case I find something down the road here.

Looking for parents of my gggrandmother Lavinia Murray (came to Canada as a child, I show her on 1885 Quebec census and possibly 1871 Essex) m. Edward McGrath (b. Brechen Ontario on Lake Simco) ch: Andrew, Margaret, Michael, Mary, Alice, Ed, Edith, Patrick m. Harriet Mattison (ch: Murray ("Murph"), Harold, May, Charles, Raymond.(Patrick and Harriet lived in Michigan)

(I know Michael lived in Arthur, Ontario all his life -- his daughter-Marie also)

MURRAY S CANADA

james m emerson (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2000 3:47PM GMT
DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW IF ANY OF THE CHILDRENS NAME WAS HERBERT THANK YOU JIM GEMMGJL@AOL.COM

MURRAYs IN CANADA

Posted: 21 May 2000 4:31AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 6:19AM GMT
I'm so sorry...I haven't come across any HERBERT MURRAYs (yet!).If I do, I will indeed contact you in this message board!

Re: MURRAYs IN CANADA

mickey (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2002 8:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
sorry , didn t notice the caps , usally don t read what i type , bad habit as it makes me look like a terible speller , which i am at times , just makes me look worse...heres what i have so far , cut and paste
you know , it s strange , but i ve only found one herbert murray born 1911 , in the ss death list.
It turns out that my herbert was born 1911,Heres the thing , some of the info on my mothers birth cert was wrong , her mothers age was wrong for one thing , have since found out a lot , any one of you people may be related to this herbert , heres what i have so far........herbert was the son of a thomas murray born great britian, was it a william thomas edward thomas , i could not tell you .he must have come down from canada ,looks like through new york , again not sure. His son herbert was born in canada .
herbert was married at at early age to ...unknown....(in rochester ny maybe??) he was living with his father in cleveland ohio in1930.Thomas was not married at the time , i believe his wife stayed in new york as they did not get along .
Herbert met another girl 17 years old (she was from rochester ny) and they went to florida and got married. turns out he wasn t divorced from his first wife , This 17 year old girl is my grandmother ,eleanor weaver.My mother was given up for adoption in 1933 as herbert had wrote some bad checks and skipped town

you know , it s strange , but i ve only found one herbert murray born 1911 , in the ss death list.
It turns out that my herbert was born 1911,Heres the thing , some of the info on my mothers birth cert was wrong , her mothers age was wrong for one thing , have since found out a lot , any one of you people may be related to this herbert , heres what i have so far........herbert was the son of a thomas murray born great britian, was it a william thomas edward thomas , i could not tell you .he must have come down from canada ,looks like through new york , again not sure. His son herbert was born in canada .
herbert was married at a very early age to ...unknown....(in rochester ny maybe??) he was living with his father in cleveland ohio in1930.Herbert was 18 ,Thomas was not married at the time , i believe his wife stayed in new york as they did not get along .Thomas did 8 years in the usmc and was an electrician ,also did matainence work at a high school i believe.
Herbert met another girl 17 years old (she was from rochester ny) and they went to florida and got married. turns out he wasn t divorced from his first wife , This 17 year old girl is my grandmother ,eleanor weaver.My mother was given up for adoption in 1933 as herbert had wrote some bad checks and skipped town
my mother has at least one sibling she has never met , doesn t sound as if there were any children by his first marriage , i have some possible names for women he may have been married to later , but i need to check them out first , Thing is, who knows were he went when he left cleveland and what name he may have used if any or how factual any information on him is after this point.i would not say i was from canada if i were him at the time,so like i said , who knows,and who knows where his travels may have taken him ,i haven t checked the prison records yet however lol

Re: Patrick Murray-Co.Mayo,Ire.

Posted: 1 Nov 2005 6:10AM GMT
Surnames: Murray, Woodhouse
Looking for a Patti Murray who posted a message in April 2000 regarding Murray's coming from Peterborough, Canada through Buffalo. Some of the names you gave are common with my research. I think we have a connection. Please write.

Kevin
Buffalo, NY

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: Re;Patrick Murray-Co Mayo,Ire
Hi, do you have any Anastasia Murray in your line,married a Comerford, Thankyou Shirley

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 3:05AM GMT
Hi Patrick,
just noticed your message- posted many years ago.

RE -Eagan's of Clonmel,Tipperary,Ireland.
Searching for ancestors of Edward Eagan born approx 1816,
Clonmel Tipperary.
Parents: Thomas & Catherine Eagan.Clonmel.

Have all info - Edward Eagan after his arrival in Australia.

Perhaps these are your Eagan's of Clonmel.
Cheers J - Eagan descendant.

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 10:43PM GMT
I'm not sure if this helps, or is related.
My Patrick Murray was from clogher, Westport, Ire. Born 1845. moved to Buffalo, died 1876. HIs wife, Catherine Higgins, moved with 6 of her kids to buffalo in 1881. She died 1891, buffalo. I know Patrick's mother's name was Catherine, because she is buried in buffalo, but no Dad.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions