Search for content in message boards

Judge Roy Bean/ Phantley Roy Bean JR

Re: Judge Roy Bean

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2002 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Bean, Tolle
Hi Gwen! Well, here's what I've got so far. Leonard was the son of John Sr. and Francis Anne Richards and Leonard's wife was Eda Kilgore (sometimes spelled Kilgour). He had a brother named Phantleroy, which I believe is Judge Roy's father, but I haven't proven that. Missy Tolle Taylor sent me this info, but so many good people like yourself have answered me, it would be hard to say here where a lot of interesting info came from. They know who they are, and I hope God blesses each and every one of them and you, too! As I was telling one lady, I live so close to Mason County, KY, I ought to be ashamed of myself for not having already known this stuff. I hope to get a picture of Leonard's grave site at Stonelick to put on the Bean page. I'm new to "pooters", so wish me luck! Thanks again, Bev

Re: Judge Roy Bean/ Phantley Roy Bean JR

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 1:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I also have been told that I am a relative of Judge Bean, I had an Uncle Sam Bean in Texas and my grandmother was Viola May Bean a niece of Roy Bean. My grandmother married John Henry Walser Sr. and I am the daughter of John Henry Walser Jr.

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 3:59AM GMT
wow I was told that hanging judge Roy Bean was my gggrandmothers uncle from mt. Verron Main my gggrandmother was Mary Bean and she married Fred Day in Augusta I think it was in 1866 any how they had 11 children I have there names births and death dates also- John Day 3yrs old died 1895-Verra Day 1896-1975-Brian Day 1897-1952- Alton Day 1899-1901 Una Day 1900-1978married Paul Jones- Vernon Day 1906-1968 married Peggy Cramer-Margarete Day 1908-1999 married Mike Engrowham- Ida Day don't know her dates still working on all that and last is my grandmother Catherine Solone Day 1911-1994 married Charles Pendergast Van Winkle. so if you have any info for me that would be great hope this helps you out in your search for the family

Sue Reddell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2002 6:58AM GMT
Surnames: BEAN,GORE,KILGORE
I'm related to Phantly Roy BEAN Jr., the famous Judge Roy. His parents were Phantly Roy BEAN Sr. and Ann/Anna GORE. They had lived in Mason Co. KY. until about 1823, when the moved to Shelby Co. KY, near Shelbyville. They were well off for the times, owed slaves, and had a large farm.
Their children were: Joshua, Samuel, James, Sarah, and Roy Jr. Their grandparents were, William BEAN and wife Joanna, whose farm was at Orangeburg, Mason Co. KY. There is no proof that our William BEAN was related to William BEAN, who was married to Eda KILGORE.

For more info re this family you may contact me at - siouxsue@alltel.net
Sue Reddell

Posted: 1 Sep 2002 8:55AM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2002 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Bean, Kilgour, Kilgore
It was Leonard Bean who married Eda Kilgour/Kilgore. Leonard and William were brothers. Also, they were neighbors in Mason County. They are buried side by side in the Stone Lick Baptist Church Cemetery. Leonard is my gggg grandfather. He has a military marker and he was a Revolutionary War hero. Further information may be found at the Mason County Library.

Posted: 1 Sep 2002 4:18PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2003 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: BEAN, KILGOUR, KILGORE, NEWMARCH, CONNETT, WALLINGFORD
Beverly, I meant to say Leonard BEAN was married to Eda KILGOUR/KILGORE, not William. I've been trying to connect our William to Leonard, for many years, as have all of my other BEAN cousins, to no avail. There was another William BEAN, in Mason Co. also, and no connection to him was found, either. If you have proof that Leonard and our William were brothers I'd would be THRILLED if you would send it to me. We knew they went to the same church, but I didn't know that they were buried side by side at the cemetery. Does William, have a tombstone there? Some cousins went there looking for him. Do you have any idea where his wife, Joanna is buried, or her maiden name? A descendant of William and Joanna's son, John, has family/Bible record that says Joanna, was married 1st to a Mr. NEWMARCH, in VA., and had a dau. Mollie, [prob Mary Mollie] by him. William BEAN, acted as a father to her, and in an early document Mollie's husband, Nicholas CONNETT, hired William BEAN, as an attorney for him and called him his father in law. William, died in 1847, will filed in Feb., codicil added in June, and proven in Aug. of that year. Joanna, was older that he, and was dead before him, as she wasn't mentioned in his will. However we haven't found a gravesite for her, or for their, son, Benjamin's dau. Elizabeth, who was dead by mid 1838, childless, prob near Orangeburg, Mason Co. KY. She was wife of Daniel Perry WALLINGFORD, who went to MO. with his brother, and father in law, Benjamin, and his family. Do you know where your Leonard and William were raised, think I remember he was born in MD, is that right? It's been so many years since I did the research on him. ANYTHING that you can give me as proof of our William's connection to any of your family would make me very very happy. Do you have a Bible record, a will, or any documents?
Best regards,
Sue Reddell
siouxsue@alltel.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic