Search for content in message boards

Tree Disappears

Tree Disappears

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 5:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: It's gone 2012
I downloaded 2012 for my cousin, I brought a flash stick of our family tree that I abcked up for her to add to her tree that states it is a "ftmb file", it will take the file and change what it needs to, but then when you go to close down it states it is backing it up to Documents, but than states unable to to back, and the tree is gone from FTM2012 altogether! In documents, there is a back file, but when you try to open it, it states "cannot open file, in use".....but the tree has disappeared altogether fromt he FTM program! Help! The stick is holding a file from FTM 2011....shows up great, then it just disappears when it auto backs up or you ask it to back up.....

Re: Tree Disappears

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 2:31PM GMT
Sandy,

Little confusion here.

Where did you download 2012 from? To my knowledge, there is nowhere to download the FTM2012 program from.

Do you mean you Installed FTM2012?

You then said that you Backed Up a file for your cousin. I am guessing that you had a File in FTM2012, and you did a File, Back Up, and you Backed up that file to your Flash Drive.

Is that what you did?

You then closed FTM2012 down, and normally, the program will do an automatic back up to where ever you normally have your family file. Typically, that is in your My Documents/Family Tree Maker folder.

Not sure what you mean by the "tree" has disappeared from the FTM Program.

It sounds like you haven't provided all of the steps you took or you saw error messages that you didn't report here.

Please clarify.

Thank you,

Russ

Re: Tree Disappears

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 9:29AM GMT
Surnames: 2012
Russ,
We called Ancestry.com and got it fixed, it also had to do with a backup being sent to the "cloud" on her computer...thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions