Search for content in message boards

Nicholas KELLY - b. late 1700's

Nicholas KELLY - b. late 1700's

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2009 2:31PM GMT
Hi all,
Looking for anyone with a connection to a Nicholas Kelly brn abt 1785/1790's in MD or Va,married a Ellender Choate,and lived in KY early 1800's along with her sister Sarah Choate,and husband William Walker.

Any info will be appreciated.

researching following families, Bast,Bond,Bost,Chadwick,
Choate,Choat,Shoat,Shote,Coffelt,Goodheart,Goodhart,Hodgin,
Hodgins,Hodgens,Hudgins,Keel,Keele,Moreland,Langford,
Lankford,Richmond,Seitz,Sitz,Sides,Vaughan,Vaughn,Wilson.

Thanks,
Roy Chadwick.

Re: Nicholas KELLY - b. late 1700's

Posted: 8 May 2009 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2009 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Kelley, Bagford, Choate
I have not found definitive proof of this, but think it's possible that the Nicholas Kelley that married Elender Choate is the son of Joseph Kelley and Rachel Bagford of Baltimore County.

This Nicholas was born 22 Mar 1790.

Posted: 9 May 2009 9:30PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2009 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Choate, Sitz
Hi,and thanks for the info,
Ellender Kelly maybe be my Ellender Choate Seitz/Sitz/Sides of Warren/Grundy Co TN as of 1850's. The 1850 Grundy Co census states Ellender Sitz brn 1801 KY,but at looking at the Warren Co TN 1830 census it states William Seitz/Sitz/Sitze/Sits age 40 to 50 years of age,and I do believe it also says wife 40 to 50 years of age,( if I am reading the census right),so if that is a fact,then Ellender had to been brn abt 1790's.
I was told that my Ellender had married a Nicholas Kelly,and lived in KY before moving into TN. I had heard this about 4 years ago,and I believe the mesage came from a Seitz distant cuz from TN or AL,and then got a message about the book,Choate's of the South,which I was told mentioned something about Kelly,and Choate.

Could you give me some info on your Choate's?.

Thanks,
Roy.

Posted: 10 May 2009 1:29PM GMT
The furthest back I've been able to trace my Kelley line back to is James Kelley b. 1809 Tennessee, d. 1879 in Union County IL, married to Mary Woods. Is that possibly in your TN Kelley line?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic