Search for content in message boards

Sneed/Snead

Sneed/Snead

Mary Ann Raley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sneed/Snead, Bankson, Phariss/Faris, Tipton
Looking for the parents of Morgan Sneed/Snead. Married Mary (?) and moved into Cherokee Co, from Georgia c. mid 1850's. Children were John James (2/4/1856), Mary (c. 1857), Martha Diane (6/11/1859), Henrietta (c. 1860), Emily (2/25/1862). Morgan died 8/9/1862 at Cedar Mountain, VA, while with the 48th Alabama Infantry. In the 1860 census, Morgan said he was born in Georgia. Mary was born in either Georgia or North Carolina. Martha Diane was my gg-grandmother. Thanks.

Re: Sneed/Snead

Posted: 6 May 2002 8:54PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 6:45PM GMT

Posted: 7 May 2002 10:59PM GMT
Wonderful! Will reply by e-mail also. Thank you so much!

Mary Ann

My line:

1 SNEAD, Morgan
+"UNKNOWN", Mary
2 SNEAD, Martha Diane ("Mattie")
+PHARISS, James Thomas
3 PHARISS, Walter Thomas
+BANKSON, Elizabeth Ida
4 PHARISS, Mary Ida
+WIGGINS, Henry Cleveland
5 WIGGINS, Mary
+ RALEY, James
6 RALEY, Mary Ann

Lanny Bobo (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2002 1:03AM GMT
I am a GGGrandson of Morgan Snead though John J. Snead. My Grandmother was Gedie Snead who married Lindsey Bobo.

Posted: 28 Jun 2002 2:36AM GMT
Hi, cousin! Thanks for responding. I've also heard from Ken Snead, who has helped a lot. I've been looking for Morgan's father for a while, and hopefully I'm now on the right track. I'd love to swap information with you, too!

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 11:02PM GMT
Hi Mary,
my line is Morgan to John J. Snead to Gedie Mae Snead to Lindsey Bobo to my Daughter who has three children. Reply to me at lannybobo@hotmail.com
Posted: 24 Jan 2003 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2003 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Bobo, Bennett
In my great great grandparents Bible they have:
A.H. Bobo was born May 8, 1884
L.R. Bobo was born June 13, 1886

My great great grandmother was Martha Elizabeth Bobo born about 1835. She married William Bennett Oct. 12, 1859 in Floyd Co., GA and moved to his home in Cherokee Co., AL. She died July 17, 1890 we believe in Key, Cherokee Co., AL.
My aunt told me the two Bobo's in the Bible were Amos H. and Lindsey R. Bobo and I have a will of William M. Bobo naming them and his wife Harriet E. Bobo.
Do any of these names and dates ring a bell?

Lynda S. Eller
deller@mindspring.com

Lanny Bobo (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2003 12:10AM GMT
Lynda,
Yes A.H and Lindsey R. Bobo ring a bell.L.R was my Grandfather and A.Harvey was his brother. William M. Bobo was my GGrandfather and Harriet was his wife. Have much info on L.R. side and a fair amount on Uncle Harvey's side. How does William Benning Bobo fit in. I have long thought that William M. Bobo probably cames from Floyd County but was not sure. Havey died in the '50's and L.R in '67. would love any onfo that youy might have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions