Search for content in message boards

Mrs. Nora Dickey obituary - 1951

Additional information

cjp (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Dickey, Melton
Nora Dickey was the widow of William C. Dickey, who died in 1898 and is also buried at Shady Grove Cemetery in Poole. She was the daughter of Samuel N. Melton and Olvine Carolina Melton.

Mrs. Nora Dickey obituary - 1951

cjp (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Dickey, Miller
Mrs. Nora Dickey, 85, formerly of the Poole section, died at 1 a.m. Saturday in the Masonic Home in Louisville.
Survivors are a daughter, Mrs. C.G. Miller of Henderson; and three sons, Cornelius, Letcher and Willie, of Henderson.
Funeral services were held at 2 o'clock Monday at Poole General Baptist church, with the Rev. W.W. Oakley officiating.
Burial was in Shady Grove cemetery, Poole.

The Journal-Enterprise
Providence, Kentucky
Thursday, March 22, 1951
used with permission

Re: Additional information

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 4:25PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2003 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Dickey, Brashear, Gabbert
I am researching William F. Dickey (wife: Sarah Gabbert) who were my 2nd Great Grandparents; also grandparents of William Curtis Dickey B. 08 Dec. 1854, Webster Co., Ky. Died 18 Aug. 1898 and from your info. I have learned he was married to Nora Melton. William C. Dickey's parents were Andrew Jackson Dickey (son of Wm. and Sarah Dickey) and Elizabeth Jane Sammons. Do you happen to know more about the parentage of William F. Dickey? I have been searching for 8 years to get beyond him. Thanks!

Re: Additional information - William F. Dickey

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 3:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: Bridwell
Hi Anna Jean....I was going to send you information from an article in Historic Bullitt County Families but when I got out the book, I noticed you were the author of the material I was going to quote. <grin>

I know nothing further about William F. Dickey, sorry. What I had in the addendum to the obituary of Melton Nora Dickey was just incidental information I picked up because I also have Bullitt Co ancestors, whose surnames I will list here.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Carole Palmer, county coordinator
Webster County KYGenWeb page
http://www.rootsweb.com/~kywebste/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions