Search for content in message boards

Found in attic Brooks Family Bible

Found in attic Brooks Family Bible

Posted: 7 Feb 2007 11:15PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Brooks, Cartwright
I have found the family bible for the Brooks family and am hoping to return it to the family.

Husband: Stephen Brooks Feb 8th 1844 son of Stephen & Eliza Brooks
Wife: Ann Selina Brooks Mar 16th 1841 daughter of Henry & Sarah Cartwright
married 13th Mar 1862

Children
Sarah Brooks Jan 4th 1864
Eliza Sep 3rd 1865
Mary Maria Dec 13th 1868
Martha Apr 9th 1872
Albert Aug 1st 1873
Jane Selina Mar 2nd 1875

From a cursory glance of the censuses it appears that the children and Stephen were born in Staffordshire and that Ann Selina was born in Worcestershire. Can anyone out there help me?

Re: Found in attic Brooks Family Bible

Posted: 2 May 2007 5:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks
Hello my name is Charlotte and I'm related to Reece Decatur Brooks. He was my great grandfather and he had a brother named Eliza Brooks. Can you tell me if some of the names listed are Isaac Brooks,William Brooks,Missouri Brooks? This is just a few names for you.If they are the same Brooks family would you please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks,
Charlotte charlottew39@yahoo.com

Posted: 2 May 2007 8:48AM GMT
Hello Charlotte

I have listed all the names and dates that are in the bible, unfortunately Reece Decatur Brooks is not there.

Posted: 13 May 2010 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks, Heritage
Hi I have a great grandmother selina brooks who married John or Joseph Heritage and lived in Portsmouth Hamptonshire when married. My grandmother was born in 1892 to selina. Selina died young when my grandmother Hilda was only 3 or 4 so we have no contact with her family as Hilda and infant sister Helen were raised in an orphanage by nuns. They moved to Canada in 1911. I do have my grandmothers few family photos none of which have names. They were taken in Portsmouth in 1893/4. Don't know if it's the same Selina Brooks as she would 've been 17 when Hilda was born.

Thanks for posting, David Mitchell Toronto Canada

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 10:19PM GMT
Following message I sent you re Hearn /Brooks connection yesterday - I asked you about the Bible - at that point, had seen messages thread about this but not the one where you listed names in the Bible - once I saw this, spent evening looking up to see if there was connection but very much looks like not - don't think paternal ancestors were in the North at that point in time. Doesn't affect the other info I gave. All the best, MB

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 5:43AM GMT
Hello My name is Myra George nee Everson.

Wow, the Mary Maria you listed is my Great Grandmother, Mary married George Joseph Best, my Mother Kathleen Olive was daughter of George Stephen Best.
I sincerely hope you still have the bible, I will gladly pay the postage for it to be sent to me, I live in New Zealand.
Look forward to hearing from you.
I am so excited about this.

Kind regards
Myra

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 5:51AM GMT
Hello Myra here again, I forgot to ask about where you live to have found the bible and if you know when the Brooks family actually lived in the house?
So looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Myra

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 8:45AM GMT
Just in case there is a problem replying through the thread as we do not subscribe to Ancestry my contact email as follows= johnmichael@slingshot.co.nz

Thanks, Myra

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 11:46AM GMT
Surnames: Brooks
Hi, in what city and state was the Bible found? I am searching for my Grandmother's family and she was from Greenback, Tennessee. No knowledge as to where she was actually born. I have not been able to find anything on her at all and don't even know her mother's and father's names.

Posted: 9 Aug 2013 2:32PM GMT
Hi my name is Rosie and we are Brooks also looking for relatives we are from Campbell Co ky Kenton Boone etc any info pretaining to us would be appreciated . Thank You Rosie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions