Place of burial - St. Gabriel, Hazleton
Occupation - nurse

seek DeFrancesco, Spampinato, Venezia surnames

Carla Venezia (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Aug 2009 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: DEFRANCESCO, DIFRANCESCO, SPAMPINATO, VENEZIA
Seeking info on DeFrancesco/DiFrancesco and Spampinato families, both from Villarosa, Sicily, Italy. Also, DiFrancesco/DeFrancesco and Venezia families from Serradifalco, Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy.
Cities: Newmine, Pittston, Warren & McKeesport, PA

Re: Spampinato

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 6:10AM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2009 3:24PM GMT
Hi, my name is Anne Spampinato George. My grandfather was Leonardo Spampinato. He emigrated from Villarosa, Sicily with his parents and brother and sister to Baltimore, Maryland. I believe other relatives emigrated to Johnstown, PA. Are we related?

Re: DeFrancesco

Courtney Dailey (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2005 10:22AM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2009 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: DeFrancesco, Rizzo
I am repling to this post years after it was posted, but you never know!

My mother's Surname is DeFrancesco, and her father Joseph came over in the early 1900's from Serradifalco with his family (Angelo DeFrancesco and Rose (surname Rizzo). My grandfather kept a thorough memoir, including notes about his trips back to Serradifalco. We have a large family here in Detroit. I also have many second cousin's with the last name Rizzo in this area from what I understand.

Re: Spampinato

Posted: 19 Aug 2009 12:44AM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2009 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Spampinato, Giannone
My great grandmother's name was Giovanna Spampinato. I have a Vincent Spampinato (brother?) living with her family (husband Guiseppe Giannone and children) in 1920 in Johnstown, PA. Could Giovanna and Vincent be the siblings of your Leonardo? Guiseppe Giannone was also from Villarosa, Sicily, Italy.

Re: DeFrancesco

Posted: 17 Nov 2009 12:08PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2009 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: DiFrancesco, DeFrancesco, DeFranks, Franks, Acquisto
Beter late than never! I've started digging into my DiFrancesco/DeFrancesco DeFranks/Franks family deriving from Serra di Falco Sicily.
Great-Grandparents Cosmo Di Francesco and Conchetta Acquisto. They were in the Pittston area in time for my grandfather to be born there.
I've posted what I know as part of my family tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions