Search for content in message boards

David Darnell of Richmond County, Virginia

David Darnell of Richmond County, Virginia

Posted: 4 Oct 2006 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Darnell,Mott
I am looking for any information and/or proof of the David Darnell family. Most internet sites and forums shows his wife as Margritt Mott. She died around 1724. They had a son named David Darnell as well born abt. 1680. I cannot find anything on who he married. Has anyone found anything on this particular family, David's parentage or where he came from. Are there any known wills on file? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Re: David Darnell of Richmond County, Virginia

Joan Kunkel (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2006 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Darnell my family is called Durnell
Yes, I am also descended from this David Darnell through his son Rev. Isaac Darnell, but I also do not have a wife for David born 1680. I have the parents of David born 1655 as Jeremia Darnall born abt. 1635 in England or Ireland, and died abt. 1702 in Charles Co. Md. I have a lot of Darnell inf. and will share.

Joyce Ballinger (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2006 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Darnell
I don't know if we're talking about the same "Dr.David Darnell" but I have his wife listed as " Margritt Morgan" born abt. 1658 - d. abt 1724.

Posted: 2 Nov 2006 2:07AM GMT
I too an a Darnell descendant and descend from Issac Darnell. I am not sure of his birth or anything else...my father has some copies of the family tree and it actually starts with Issac Darnell with the two pages that have been emailed to me. I would love to have what you have if we match.
Thanks Mitzi D Joyner
joyner77@bellsouth.net

Isaac Darnell

Janet Handke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2006 12:17AM GMT
Mitzi,

Which Issac Darnell are you descended from?

I am a descendent of Isaac Darnell who was in South Carolina in the last quarter of the 1700s and early 1800s. He was in Virginia before he was in South Carolina. He had a daughter named Elizabeth who married Thomas Gore.

Any connection to your Isaac Darnell?

Janet
janetstitch@aol.com

Re: Isaac Darnell

Mitzi (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2006 12:48AM GMT
The Issac Darnell that I am descended from is the Issac Darnell from S.C. They were from laurens S.C. and he moved to N.C. in the 1700's. I have a page with some info on hime if u would like it just email me privately at joyner77@bellsouth.net and I will glad to forward it to you.
Mitzi

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 1:32PM GMT
Please tell me what source you are using to identify David's father. I have Avlyn Dodd Connley's book surmising that Jeremiah was his father, but nothing concrete.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions