Search for content in message boards

Seeking Kellogg descendants - Indiana, late 1800's early 1900's

Seeking Kellogg descendants - Indiana, late 1800's early 1900's

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kellogg, Lutes, Lewis
I am seeking any descendants of the following Kellogg's of Indiana. I have information on one branch of your ancestry and would be happy to offer it to you. I'm hoping to update the family to the present. Sorry for the way this is formatted (or not formatted). That's what happened when I copied it. Thanks cousins!

1. MYRTLE ELIZABETH KELLOGG, born May 3, 1891 in Monon, White County, IN. Married Luther Lutes (or Lutz) on June 22, 1910 and resided in Hammond, IN (1935). Died at Hammond, IN May 23, 1971.

2. JOHN M. KELLOGG, born about 1885. Married a Pauline A. ______ from Nebraska. Resided in Phoenix, Arizona (1935)

3. CORNELIUS MONTFORD KELLOGG, born April 23, 1883 in Monon, White County, IN. Died April 28, 1917.

4. WILLIAM HENRY KELLOGG, born June 7, 1881 in Ash Grove, Tippecanoe County, Indiana. Married and had two daughters. Worked as a barber. Resided in Salem, OR (1935). Two children -

---i. MARY KELLOGG, born about 1922 in Indiana (Twin?)

---ii. ALICE KELLOGG, born about 1922 in Indiana (Twin?)

5. CLAUDE SHELBY KELLOGG, born April 11, 1885 in Monon, White County, Indiana

6. JOSEPH PRICE KELLOGG, JR., born November 13, 1886 in Monon, White County, IN. Resided in Monon, White County, IN where he was a construction worker. Married Edith P. Lewis on October 20, 1906 in White County, IN. (1935). Died February 6, 1961 in Monon. – Children –

---i. HILDA J. (?) KELLOGG, born about 1912 in Indiana
---ii. JACK R. KELLOGG born about 1918 in Indiana

Re: Seeking Kellogg descendants - Indiana, late 1800's early 1900's

Posted: 26 Apr 2004 4:35AM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2004 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: Lutes, Helfrich, Kellogg
Dear David,

I sent you a message a short time ago. My grandmother was Myrtle Elizabeth Kellogg Lutes Ehrlich Wilson! She was my grandmother on my Lutes side and on the Henson-Wilson side she was my step-great aunt. I would appreciate any info you can give me. I am going to visit cemeteries in Monon in a few weeks to find many relatives on my Lutes-Kellogg-Helfrich side of my family. As I stated in another message I can give you info. Thank you for any help!

Posted: 26 Apr 2004 12:35PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2004 8:01PM GMT
I'm looking forward to exchanging information with you. I will email you directly to save time.

Posted: 19 May 2004 5:22AM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2004 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: Helfrich, Kellogg, Lutes
Dear David,

At the moment I cannot find my e-mail to you. It seems as though every time I start my family tree something happens. My uncle on my mother's side died yesterday. He was the last of her immediate family. Last month my cousin died. Tomorrow we find out if my mother has Alzheimer's or something else.

I was able to put some of my family tree on Gen Circles under the Henson-Wilson and Lutes-Kellogg Family names. I have more things to add and a few corrections to make. I have found some Kelloggs in the White Cty. area but they have never responded to any of my questions or info that I mailed to them. I have some death and marriage certificates. I would be glad to exchange any info with you. I am still waiting for permission from DS to release info that he gave me.

I am hoping to get to a cemetery in Gary this week. My grandmother Myrtle Elizabeth Kellogg and her three husbands are buried there. As far as I know my grandparents always spelled their name Lutes. Further back is when it was spelled Lutz. Also, my Uncle Fritz (William Francis Lutes) is buried there.

My husband and I are hoping to get to Monon at the end of May or the beginning of June to visit the cemeteries. I want to take pictures of all the headstones with the name of Helfrich, Kellogg, or Lutes. If you want copies of these, please let me know.

That is all for now.

Thank you,

Judy

Posted: 18 Jul 2004 10:48PM GMT
Hi David,
I just posted a message about my Grandfather George E. Schneider's sister, Sadie Mae Schneider b. 8/9/1895, Vera Cruz, Wells Co., IN, who married _____ Kellogg, and had a son Eddie. The only thing my mom recalls about Sadie's husband was that they called him "Old Man Kellogg." We have been unable to find any other information about Sadie or her family, although she was living with cousins in Hartford Twnshp, Adams Co., IN in 1917. Don't know if this scenario is familiar to you, but welcome any help in learning of their whereabouts. Thanks, Terre

Posted: 19 Jul 2004 12:05AM GMT
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Sadie or her husband. Must be a different line of Kelloggs. Good luck!

Posted: 16 Sep 2004 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Kellogg
I have a photo of the Kellogg twins.

The back of the photo reads as follows:

To Charley:

The Kellogg twins - Born April 9 1919

to the right - Alice Maxine
left - Mary Louise

Are these the same Kelloggs?

David Helfrich (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2004 10:47AM GMT
Surnames: Helfrich Kellogg
I believe they are the same people! I would love t have a copy of that photo and any other information you might have about them. Thanks for the message. Please feel free to email me directly at dhelfrich3@comcast.net

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 1:46AM GMT
I am seeking information on Alvin Kellogg who around the Frankfort, Indiana Area. She shows up in the Frankfort City Directory. She is listed as Alvin's widow. He was married to Martha June Ellman who was previously married to a Frank Hess. jctorirae@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic