Search for content in message boards

Info on Loorha (Lisduff) in Dunmore Parish

Info on Loorha (Lisduff) in Dunmore Parish

Posted: 5 Apr 2009 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rush Joyce
Looking for anything on Loorha farm in Lisduff in Dunmore Parish of County Galway. My wife's grandmother Mary Rush was from there, coming to the US in 1912. Her mother was Mary Joyce.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Info on Loorha (Lisduff) in Dunmore Parish

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 10:14PM GMT
Hi Re your posting in april 2009

Have you moved on in your research with regard to Mary Rush
from Loorha Farm Lisduff as if you havent i found her on the 1911 Census return for Galway so if you would like to have the information.

You can email at pmcdonnell@live.co.uk

regards patrick

In Reply to Bill Delphenich

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 10:04PM GMT
Hi Bill

With Regard to your Email i Recieved Yesterday Re Your wifes Grand Mother Norahs Family.

I found them Still Living in Treanbaun but the father Charles Mc Donnell was Dead at this time but here are the details.

Mary Mc Donnell Head of Family, Cannot Read or Write, Aged 73, Widow, Married 40 Years, Total number of Children Born 9
Total Number of children still Living 9, Born County Galway, can Speak The Irish or English Language.

Then

Eneas Mc Donnell Son, Aged 34, Can Read and Write, Occupation Farm Labourer, Single, born County Galway, Can Speak Irish or English.

Charles Mc Donnell Son, aged 31, Cannot Read or Write, Occupation Farmer,Single,Born County Galway,Can Speak Irish or English.

Let Me know by Email the same as you contacted before if you would like Me to scan the Returns(The 1911 Returns there are four pages in all)

Regards Patrick

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Rushe
I don't know if this is any help. These pictures were taken in a cemetery just North of town (Dunmore) this Fall. The indication is that Mary Rushe was from Loorha and buried with her husband and daughter.
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 2:06PM GMT
This is excellent! Thank you so much!

Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions