Search for content in message boards

John Stewart born circa 1795, married to Elizabeth [poster supplied no location]

John Stewart born circa 1795, married to Elizabeth [poster supplied no location]

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2006 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
Looking for a John Stewart, born around 1795. He is on a census form with a wife named Elizabeth. I would love to have any more information on him and his wife.
Please email me if you can help.
Thanks

Re: John Stewart born circa 1795, married to Elizabeth [poster supplied no location]

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 2:04AM GMT
Hello Lynn:

In order for others to help you, you will first need to help them. John and Elizabeth are two of the most common Stewart names. Can you provide any additional details?

You said "on a census form".... which census?

Where were John and Elizabeth living?

Do you have any idea what Elizabeth's maiden surname was?

Do you know of any children? siblings? parents? neighbors?

What record sources have you already explored? If you could share that information, it will prevent others from pointing you in the direction of records you may have already checked and also prevent them wasting time doing lookups in order to help you.

Good luck to you in your genealogical endeavors.

Yours Aye,

Lauren M. Boyd, FSA Scot
Stewart Board Admin
Rootsweb Volunteer since 1996 ** Celebrating 10 yrs**

Re: John Stewart born circa 1795, married to Elizabeth, resided Huntington Township, Brown County, Ohio, USA

Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2006 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Hoffman, Scott
I found them on an Ohio census from 1850. John was 55 then and Elizabeth was 51. This is in Brown County, Huntington Township. Their neighbors are James Stewart Jr. , Joseph stewart, Harvey Stewart(?), Seneca Hoffman, James Scott and Mary (Stewart) Scott, Joseph Scott.....
I am thinking that Mary is John and Elizabeth's child, as the ages of the other Stewarts are close to Mary's and familys lived close by back then. Have no last name on Elizabeth. This is the first time I have seen her name. I have just started to go further back to find Mary's parents and follow the Stewart line, hopefully back across the pond..

Re: John Stewart born circa 1795, married to Elizabeth, resided Huntington Township, Brown County, Ohio, USA

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 7:43PM GMT
I believe this John Stewart is the brother of my Joseph Stewart. He is my G G Grandfather on my mother's side.
Joseph Stewart was born 1786 and traveled to the Brown County area (Limestone KY in 1790) with his father Joseph (1) and mother Livinah among a party of four other families aboard a keelboat launched in Braddock PA. Joseph 1 bought the family farm between Aberdeen and Manchester Ohio (Brown County)from Nathan Ellis in 1802.

Lynn, I hope this note finds you. We may be able to help each other moving back though earlier Stewart history.

Stewart Brown
nsbrown835@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic