Search for content in message boards

William M. Maxwell

William M. Maxwell

Posted: 15 Sep 2000 1:58PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2002 11:23PM GMT
Looking for info on William M. Maxwell (born about 1819)who came to Hope, Michigan around 1872. He was married to Alice Lavery, then Jane Manthony. He came from Ireland to Canada then Michigan.
Any info helpful

michigan maxwell's

rich maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 11:46AM GMT
Is your family related to any Maxwell's
from Lawton or Paw Paw MI?. Our came from
Scotland to Canada, then Michigan. We have
alot of old family with william and thomas
for names.

Michigan Maxwell's

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 12:54PM GMT
Not that I know of. My oldest Maxwell is William who was born in Ireland (abt 1819), but parents might have come from Scotland. He came to Canada then to Midland County, MI (abt 1872)with his family. Wife Alice Lavery, children Margaret, Robert, Eliza John, Alice, and William Evans.

Re: michigan maxwell's

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 5:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Sep 2001 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Maxwell, Livingston
My great-grandfather was William Maxwell. He came from
Maxwell, Ontario, Canada in Grey County. He had four brothers, John (who went out west not known what state), Joe
(who lived in southern MI), Arthur ( killed in Marquette), and Tom (lived in Parry Sound, Ontario.) My grandfather settled in Suttons Bay, MI. He married Sarah Livingston, they had three children, Arthur, Irwin and Anna.

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 1:47AM GMT
Just wanted to see what new information you might have. Where in Canada did your Maxwell's live?

Rich (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2002 8:53PM GMT
They lived in Ormstown Canada back in the late 1800

Posted: 25 Jun 2004 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
My father is a Maxwell. My Great grand mother is Mary St.Pierre. His Fathers name is Homer John maxwell.Sense I am adopted and I have found my parents I am not sure of Which Maxwells i am related to. I know they came from Scotland and Ireland. Maybe Canada. If you have any information or if you are realted please let me know. I am really curious about my family tree. Thankyou. My email address is, honeybear3602@yahoo.com.

Posted: 11 Jun 2006 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: Maxwell,Baker,McCreedy,Mills and Newton's in Mi.
My Maxwell is Peter b. 1828 N.Y. m. Elizabeth Mahetable Wheaton,b. 1833 N.Y. in 1860 they lived in Grass Lake Township, Jackson Co., Michigan. In 1880 they were living in Fair Grove, Tuscola Co., Mich. In 1862 Peter enlisted in the Union Army after the death of 6 sons Edwin,Franklin,Frances,Willie, George and Walter by 1880 born unto them were Sarah Jane(my g-grandmother)m. Arthur McCreedy, Carrie Bell Maxwell,Arthur Thomas,Burt Dodge and Matilda Alta... Peters father wa born in Scotland. Unknown of bros. of Peter. Several Maxwells ended up in Tuscola Co., Mich. Still searching Michigan Maxwells. Email me at btwojt@hotmail.com ....Brenda

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Maxwell, St.Pierre, Norris, Beaulieu, Snively, Alexander, Finch
My family is related to the Maxwell Family from Ohio and Michigan. This is what I have, such as it is. It may be of some help for you to do more research, if you are still looking for information on this family.

Homer Maxwell is the son of Robert Joseph Maxwell & Martha F. Norris. He was born in Trimble, Athens Co., Ohio on 19 Dec 1882. He was married to Mary StPierre, born in Canada, c1894. She immigrated to the US c1907. Their Children were Ida, Homer, Jr., Albert, Mary Maxwell m to Harold Beaulieu, Arthur, and Edward. (I only have birth and death dates for Mary Maxwell Beaulieu.) Homer, Sr. died c1924-1930, possibly/probably in the area of Detroit, Michigan.

Homer's father, Robert Joseph (“Joe”) Maxwell was the son of Jacob Neasley Maxwell and Permelia Snively. My line comes from Jacob's sister's branch: Elizabeth Rebecca Maxwell who married Mandeville Finch.

Jacob Neasley Maxwell is buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery, Athens Co., Ohio and is the son of Robert Maxwell (1776-1853), born in Pennsylvania and Sarah Mary Rebecca Alexander, born in Virginia. Jacob was born 23 Apr 1817 in Columbiana Co., Ohio and died 28 Mar 1909, Hartleyville, Athens Co. Ohio,

Jacob married Permelia Snively, 21 Oct 1841, Carroll Co., Ohio. She is assumed buried in Walnut Grove. She was born 21 May 1824, In Carroll Co., Ohio and died 13 Feb 1899 in Trimble, Athens Co. Ohio.

Their Children were: Mary Maxwell Glenn, Rebecca Maxwell, Samantha Maxwell Bethel, ROBERT JOSEPH MAXWELL, Levi M. Maxwell, William Henry Maxwell, Francis Marion Maxwell, Mahlon McClellan Maxwell and John E. Maxwell. Jacob was a successful farmer. According to the censuses, his children, including his daughters, attended school.

Jacob's father and mother, Robert & Sarah, are my 3rd Great-grandparents.

If you have found more information since your 2004 posting please let me know. I have lots of gaps. Good luck with your search. -Linda-

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 11:48AM GMT
Hello.
I am also a Maxwell.My Fathers name is John. My great grandma was also a St.Pierre.I was adopted and found my family in 97. I know some of the family history but not alot. My uncle's are Ray maxwell and James maxwell. I have heard of a homer. Wow we could be related.:).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic