Search for content in message boards

Murphy's of Kilquane

Murphy's of Kilquane

Ed Callahan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murphy

Researching the Murphy Family originating in the Townland of Kilquane County Kerry, located about six miles from Killarney and adjacent to the village of Barraduff. Other families from Kilquane that I have an interest in are Dalton, Sullivan, Moynihan and O'Connor.

Re: Murphy's of Kilquane

Posted: 11 Jan 2002 2:33AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 8:35AM GMT
Ed,
I am reseaching Elizabeth Murphy of Kilquane. She was born 1831 and married Daniel Cahill born 182? . Elizabeth died in 1910.

Mark

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2002 7:54PM GMT
Hello Mark: Elizabeth Murphy appears in my family tree and was indeed married to Daniel Cahill. Her father was Michael "Micil" Murphy and her mother was Mary Daly, whio may have been born in Newmarket, County Cork. Michael Murphy was one of the first of the Murphy clan to leave Lisrobin, County Cork and settle in Kilquane County Kerry.

Are you descended from the Kilquane Murphy's?

Ed Callahan

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 11:54PM GMT
It has been a a very long time since you last posted to the message boards, but if you are still out there...
Ed,

My great-great aunt Bridget McCarthy married a blacksmith from Kilquane named Patrick Murphy. I have struggled to fill in all the "leaves" on this branch of the family tree, but know that they had AT LEAST three children: Ellie, Catherine, and Patrick. I SUSPECT they also had children by the names of Maggie and Mickey and it is POSSIBLE they had children named Eileen and Sheila.

I have a few old photographs of some of the Murphys that I would gladly share if you are interested.

Jeanne

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 2:42AM GMT
Hello Jeanne,

I am still out here and just noticed your post. I have about 200 Murphy's in my tree from Kilquae, including Patrick Murphy married to Bridget McCarthy. I have the following children born to them: Ellie (b.1907), Catherine (b.1909), and Patrick (b. 1911).

Patrick's parents were Daniel Murphy and Ellen Gallavan.

His Grand-Parents were Patrick Murphy and Margaret Dalton ( I am descended from Patrick and Margaret as well).

His Great-Grand Parents were Jeremiah Murphy and Margaret Buckley. Both born in the 1790's.

I hope this is helpful. I would love to get a look at any photos you might have.

Best Regards,

Ed Callahan
Charlestown, MA

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 2:51AM GMT
Hey Mark, I just spotted your message. Elizabeth Murphy, daughter of Michael Murphy and Mary Daly married Daniel Cahill on February 8, 1853. They had a lot of children, including:

James 1853
Margaret 1855
John 1857
Patrick 1859
Michael 1862
Daniel 1862
Jeremiah 1866
Cornelius 1868
Humphrey 1873
Peter 1873
Thomas 1876
Denis 1878

Poor Margaret had 11 brothers...God Bless her.

I hope that this is helpful

Best Regards,

Ed Callahan
Charlestown, MA

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 10:56AM GMT
Ed,

I am excited to share information/sources with you. I just privately messaged you my email address!

Have a great day,
Jeanne

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 3:38AM GMT
I am really excited about finding others with Murphy relatives in Kilquane. I have a brickwall and would love to hear from you to move forward. email pandctaylor@xtra.co.nz

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 3:48AM GMT
I may have at last found a contact. My Patrick Murphy and his wife Mary Mahoney and 4 small children immigrated to New Zealand in 1913. I have most of the information for NZ. Patrick's father was Daniel Murphy married to Bridget Donoghue from Gortdromakiery (not far from Kilquane). They lived in Gortdromakiery but Daniel was from Kilquane before his marriage. His father is John Murphy and I have other links that fit in but I need further proof.

My email address is pandctaylor@xtra.co.nz

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 4:21AM GMT
Good Evening to all, I am a descendant of Daniel and Ellen, they had a son named Humphrey who is my great grandfather, I was born and raised in Worcester ma where both Humphrey, Edward, and Jeremiah settled I have census records and etc I can share.. I would live to get in touch with you all as I go to Ireland every two years to see family and Freinds.. However I would also love to see some pictures.. And to let you all know all the boys were black smiths :0) I have lots of information I would love to share like my great grandpas marriage certificate showing his parents names and etc.. Please get back to me.. Here is my email micheal.oseanain@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic