Search for content in message boards

Massey-French in Carroll Co.

Massey-French in Carroll Co.

Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2008 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: French
I lost a message from someone who asked about Gay French, daughter of Walter French and Evaline Massey French. If you are out there in this forum, please get a message again!
I can give you lots of info.
Pamela
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2006 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Massey
Pam,
I am the one that asked you about Gay French. any information that you might have will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Re: Massey-French in Carroll Co.

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 11:56PM GMT
Gaynell French was my grandmother. Any information you could provide on the Masseys and simmons especially her mother eveline will be greatly appreciated. Gaynell died in 1976 in Madison Illinois without ever knowing anything of her mother. Hope to hear from you.

Re: Gay french

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 2:19PM GMT
Gay French was my Grandmother. Her mother was Eveline Massey. If this is who you want information on, I can help. Let me know.

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Massey, Cruse
My ancestors are Massey, Cruse/Crews, Simmons, from the Carroll/Henry County area. Mary Massey was my GGG Grandmother, who married John Cruse. Her Father
was Thomas. Another daughter, Martha, married James Simmons, from what I've learned.
Mary Elizabeth Massey was the daugher of John Massey, born in SC. Her Mother was Nancy 'Nanny' Hastin.
She was married to John Cruse on 21 MAR 1838 in Northampton Co.nc., and lived in the Carroll County area. There are several Simmons buried in the Ephesus Cemetery.

My ancestors are also Simmons from this area, as my Grandfather was a Simmons. Which Simmons line are you researching?

Posted: 1 Nov 2008 1:44AM GMT
I'm interested in any information of the children of Lavina Simmons ( born June/ 1833) who was married to William R. Massey. Along that line I don't have much info on any Simmons. It appears you & I are related

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Swinney, Hicks
I am looking for Simmons information for my husband’s gg-grandmother. Records show a marriage in Henry County, TN for Will Green Hicks to Elizabeth A. Swinney on 8 Oct 1857.

Civil War Application of Willis G. Hicks, Martin Weakley County, TN shows
he married Eliza Ann Simmons nee Sweeny on Oct 8, 1858, in Henry County, TN.
Another Civil War Application entry shows Willis G. Hicks married Mrs. Eliza A. Sweaney maiden name Simmons on the same day. Their only child was William Isaac Hicks, born 17 Jul 1861.

I believe Eliza’s parents were John Swinney (b 1805 in NC) and Elizabeth Simmons (b 1807 in NC). Does anyone have information on this family? You can contact me directly at rhondaballoo@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic