Search for content in message boards

Valentine Hollingsworth descendants

Valentine Hollingsworth descendants

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:11PM GMT
I have traced a branch of my family tree to descendants of Valentine Hollingsworth, whom I have found to be a rather famous person. He seems to be well researched and documented.

Are there Hollingsworth cousins out there willing to share with me what they have on the Valentine Hollingsworth line? Pointing me in the right direction with references would be fine. What I have to offer in return is a copy of a 157 page research document put together by Arthur Hollingsworth, son of Daniel Hollingsworth of Enos of James of Richard of Abraham of George of Abraham of Thomas of Valentine.

Valentine Hollingsworth

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 3:18PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:14PM GMT
Probably the best source of data on the Hollingsworth family is the Hollingsworth Register, a quarterly magazine of Hollingsworth genealogy published for 28 years by the late Harry Hollingsworth. Volume 5-3 is still the most definitive discussion of Valentine, his parents and children.
Part of the Hollingsworth Register is on the internet, and part has been republished by the Valentine Hollingsworth Society. The whole thing can be ordered on microfilm from the LDS Library in Salt Lake City.
Doug Hollingsworth

Valentine Hollingsworth/Hollingsworth register

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:14PM GMT
Doug,
Thanks for your reply. Do you know how to contact the LDS people to get copies of the Hollingsworth Register back volumes and how to obtain future issues? This seems like the type of newsletter/information I'm looking for.

Larry

Hollingsworth Register

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 3:03AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:15PM GMT
The Hollingsworth Register ceased with the death of Harry Hollingsworth in 1995.
There is probably an LDS Family History Center at a Mormon Church near you. They can help you to order the appropriate microfilm from Salt Lake City.
Doug Hollingsworth

Hollingsworth

C. Lovingood (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2000 3:56PM GMT
Have some info and willing to share. Would love to hear what you have
My line is Joseph of Abraham, brother to your Richard. E-mail at
Tibiron@Netscape.net

Hollingsworth Source Data

Posted: 9 Jan 2001 8:35PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 5:00AM GMT
Larry,

Another source of info is the home page of Earl Darrah, which has a copy of the Descendents of Valentine Hollingsworth data base, which comes from the the society of the same name. You can reach it at the following URL: www.familytreemaker.com/users/d/a/r/Earl-L-Darrah/index.html

You can also get data on the society and other links at the society home page at:
web.tampabay.rr.com/edarrah/hollings.htm.

Good luck,

Randy

Valentine Hollingsworth

Joy Safer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 10:12PM GMT
Larry,

I just saw your post dated Oct. 2000. I am a descendent of Valentine Hollingsworth. I would be so very interested in your information. I would be happy to tell you what little I know.

Valentine Hollingsworth

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 12:45AM GMT
Joy,
SInce that posting in october 2000, I have learned a lot about the Holingsworth family tree. Drop me a line at "LDEAA@aol.com".
Larry Jones

Valentine Hollingsworth

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 7:28PM GMT
I also have some information about the family of Valentine Hollingsworth, and would be interesting in learning what you know about his descendants.
Doug Hollingsworth

Re: Valentine Hollingsworth descendants

Larry Hollingsworth (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 9:55PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:11PM GMT
Larry, I'd be willing to share what I have with you. My line is: Valentine,Thomas Abraham, Geotge, Abraham, Richard, Parker,Levi, Ezra, Glenn, then me(Larry)..

Lets talk...Larry Hollingsworth (and here I thought I was the only Larry (Lawrence) in the family. lol...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions