Search for content in message boards

Campbell's of Abbeville, SC, Murray Co., GA, and Tennessee

Campbell's of Abbeville, SC, Murray Co., GA, and Tennessee

Erin in GA (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell, Black, Mills, Moore
Searching for information on Jesse Campbell b. 1787 in South Carolina. He married Abby Isabella Black (of Abbeville, SC) who died 1890 in Ducktown, TN. One of their sons was Javan Campbell (b.1834 in GA and d.1920, a Confederate soldier captured at Vicksburg) who married Malissa Mills. Javan's daughter Harriet Isabella Campbell married John Moore and they lived in Polk Co., TN. Any possible leads about this family would be appreciated. Have been unable to find ANY information on Jesse's parentage.
Posted: 25 Feb 2004 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2004 1:34AM GMT
Surnames: Campbells of SC and GA
My Campbells are from SC and GA. The name
"Jesse Campbell" is found several times in each generation. Although I don't have information for you at this time. I will file your e-mail address and keep it on hand.

I have participated in the Campbell DNA project and upgraded to the 35 marker test. So, let's keep in touch...

Re: SC Campbells

Erin in GA (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2004 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Black, Mills
Thanks for your response! My Jesse Campbell is sometimes listed as Jesse George Campbell if that helps. If you find out anything or need any info, my personal email address is pschvix@uga.edu and I will have this address until May. Thanks again, look forward to hearing from you.
Erin

Re: Campbell's of Abbeville, SC, Murray Co., GA, and Tennessee

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 6:43PM GMT
I am a Gr Gr son of Jesse Campbell and a Gr Grandson of Javan and Melissa Mills. If Jesse died in 1850, then he is probable buried in Polk County Tenn. Javan, Melissa and Isabella are buried about 5 miles from my home. Isabella lived to be 103 yrs old. Javan's daughter Rosa Alice Campbell was my grandmother. She married Leander Moore my grandfather. Harriet Isabella Campbell married Virgil Moore. Abby Isabella Campbell b:Dec. 11,1787 In South Carolina Died June 3, 1890. Melisa Mills Cambell Died 8/25/1892. Javan Died 10/15/1920 Too much info to type for now. More later. You may contact me at hogman82003@yahoo.com

Re: Campbell's of Abbeville, SC, Murray Co., GA, and Tennessee

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 5:22AM GMT
Could this be your Javan Campbell? If so, he was my GGGstep grandfather!
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=View&r=an&dbid...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic