Search for content in message boards

John/Elizabeth MORGAN Cherokee Co., Ga. 1800-1880

John/Elizabeth MORGAN Cherokee Co., Ga. 1800-1880

Rhonda Morgan Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2004 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MORGAN, BAKER, HOWELL, GOSS, GRISSOM, YOUNG
John born 1814 SC married abt. 1836. Raised his family in Cherokee Co., Ga. Need parents and siblings.

Children of John and Elizabeth MORGAN:
William Newton
Thomas Jasper
Susan Elizabeth
Joel Washington
Martin VanBuren married Nancy MITHCELL
Andrew Jackson married Mary HOWELL
Kansas Leverse married Aphaeus WILBUR
Frances Eveline married Francis HOWELL
Hannah Newport married Daniel Alexander TINDLE
Jefferson Davis married Mary MILLWOOD

Re: John/Elizabeth MORGAN Cherokee Co., Ga. 1800-1880

Jo (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2005 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan
We have hit a brick wall as to the parents of my great grandfather, Francis Monroe Morgan, who was born to Scotch Irish immigrants somewhere in the Southern USA in the 1840's or 1850's. My grandmother never talked about that side of the family. We wonder if they were on the "wrong side" during the Civil War. Since your John and Elizabeth Morgan had a Frances who married a Francis, I'm wondering if there is a connection.... Jo in Arkansas

Posted: 9 Jan 2005 1:32AM GMT
Our MORGAN'S were from Wales so says my Dad. No proof yet. I know John was born in SC and his father name was William (no proof of that yet). If you could get some dates, state and counties maybe I could help.

Jo (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2005 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan
Rhonda, My gt-grandpa Francis Monroe (Munroe?) Morgan married a Cooper in Tennessee (town?) and pioneered to Elliot County, 'Kentucky in the mid-1800's then to Mountain Home, Arkansas by covered wagon and flatboat up the White River (town may have still been named Rapps Barren), in 1885 when my Grandma Ida Bertie Morgan was 4 years old. It would be great if we could find a connection somehow. Thanks, Jo jbyrd@centurytel.net

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 9:11PM GMT
I'm of the Morgan clan in Arkansas. Who were your Morgans?
Maybe we can connect.

Dorothy M. Smith

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: MORGAN, BAKER, HOWELL, GOSS, GRISSOM, YOUNG
John MORGAN was b. 1816 SC. He raised his family in Cherokee Co., Ga. He died after 1880. I believe his father's name was William, but John is as far back as I can document. His son Andrew Jackson MORGAN is my great Grandfather. He moved his family to Cherokee Co., Al. in the late 1880's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions