Search for content in message boards

search for Robert Thompson

search for Robert Thompson

Frances Wolfe (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thompson
Robert Thompson was born June 4, 1819 at Drumbad, Fermanagh, Ireland. Robert came to Newfoundland in 1834, by boat with his parents & 10 brothers & sisters. The trip took 13 weeks. His father (name unknown) died from cholera & was buried at sea. The youngest child also died & its mother carried it for 3 days, telling everyone that it was better & sleeping, so it could be buried on land. The only other brother known was Jim who had 2 daughters; Mary & Jane Blacklock. Robert married Margaret Ferguson. Margaret was born in Peterboro Ontario, Canada & died July 1910 at mapleton, ND. They had 13 children. These are my deceased Mother's ancesters. My mother was born Edna Marie Thompson, on July 5, 1924 & died June 4, 1997. She is the daughter of John Thompson & Mary Allardice.
I hope this is helpful information in my search for my Irish ancestry. Thank you, Frances Wolfe

Re: search for Robert Thompson

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Ferguson
Hello! I am a descendant of Ellen Thompson Percey, the oldest daughter of Robert Thompson, your Robert Thompson! I have him born in June 1819, marrying Margaret Thompson in Ontario in 1846, having 13 children, coming to Dakota in 1882, where he died in August 1911. Margaret died in October 1910. Which child of Robert are you descended from? Would you like to trade information and photos?
Jack

Re: search for Robert Thompson

Posted: 3 Dec 2013 3:04PM GMT
What a heart breaking story! Getting on that boat in search of better things, only to lose the husband and a child! That momma must have been so lost and over whelmed!! Horrible!

I have THOMPSON family who lived near Tempo, Co. Fermanagh. James THOMSPON immigrated to Ontario, Canada about 1830. Records indicate he was from the townland of Leam, near Tempo. His sister Jane THOMPSON stayed in Fermanagh. She married Oliver HOWE and they lived in the townland of Claranagh, near Tempo. Three of their sons immigrated to Ontarion, Canada --- following their Uncle James THOMPSON To Norfolk County, Ontarion. They settled there or in nearby counties. Mary HOWE immigrated to New York.

By any chance have you tested with Family Tree DNA? If so, let's compare results. I have had some great successes doing this :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic