Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on Dean, McSweeney, Farah, and Storr

Looking for information on Dean, McSweeney, Farah, and Storr

Randall Bentley (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2006 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dean, Farah, McSweeney, Storr, Frankenson
My greatgrandmother, Lolita Dean, was from Crooked Island (born approx 1900). Her father was Julian Farah, (Syrian Sponge Merchant). Don't have the name of Lolita Dean's mother. However, I do know that her maternal grandfather was Isaac Frankenson (born in Jamaica) and her maternal grandmother was Elizabeth McSweeney.

Lolita, a devout Catholic, moved to Miami Florida and settled in Liberty City, where she met and married Leroy Dean, son of Daniel Dean from Eluethra. I believe the Deans had a couson named Barbara Storr.

Anyone with information on any of the above, please respond

Re: Looking for information on Dean, McSweeney, Farah, and Storr

Jasmind (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2006 5:21AM GMT
Please send this message to the Bahamas Genealogy Group @ Yahoo.

I am cetain members of the group would be able to assist you.

Good Luck.
Jasmind Smith

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 8:43PM GMT
there are deans on Eluethera...hatchet bay..i'd start there..

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Dean,
My great-grand mother was Elizabeth McSweeney of Crooked Island, Bahamas who was married to Daniel Dean the parents of Leroy Dean who migrated to Florida in 1921 where he married Lolita Farah from Inagua in 1923 they had 8 children.

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: McSweeney, Dean and Farah family
Some of the info might be incorrect...Dean (McSweeney) Farah family.
According to my records : Merlene (Lena) McSweeney married to Daniel Dean both from Crooked Island. They were the parents of: Leroy, Estella, James Michael, and Ida.

Leroy married Lolita Farah from Inagua and migrated to Miami Florida around 1921. They are the parents of: Kenneth, Gloria, Betty Jean, Veronica Lucille, Nelson and James. they lived in Liberty City. (Gloria married to Anderson and has a son name Sheldon) Aunt Ida also lived in Liberty City and had a daughter name Mitlene.

James was my grandfather married Ethel Hanna from Acklins, their children were: Viola, Evelyn (my mother), Leroy, Leon and Aleria. If this information add any clarity please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions