Search for content in message boards

ALLEY surname search

ALLEY surname search

Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Alley, Rives
Am seeking information on R.D. Alley (Richard Dabney), born in Buckingham County, Va., in 1833, and died in 1917 in Dillon, SC. He was married to Elderina (Ella) Rives of Va.
Also seeking information on his father, Henry Alley and his family. Thanks.

Henry AILEY d. Jefferson Co. TN 1818

Posted: 14 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2004 10:29PM GMT
I have a Henry Ailey (Ely, Ealy) who lived and died in Jefferson Co. TN in 1818....leaving a wife Christiana (poss. Ketner) and two daughters: Elizabeth, wife of Conrad Easterly and my greatgreatGrandma Susannah, wife of ggg Johnathan Easterly....Conrad and Johnathan being sons of George Easterly of Greene Co. TN. My Susannah was born in Pennsylvania (possibly Berks Co.). Any connection to your Henry Alley?

Henry Alley

Posted: 5 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ALLEY
Thanks for your response concerning Henry ALLEY (AILEY) of BUCKINGHAM COUNTY. VA. I have just returned from a trip out of the country; thus, the delay. However, the names you mention do not show up in our research to date. We'll keep searching, though. If I run across anything that might be of value to you, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Alley and Rives Surname

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ALLEY, RIVES, DABNEY, LITTLETON, COTTON
Seeking information on Henry Alley and his wife, "Emily"--last name not known. He lived in Buckingham County and was probably born about 1800+. Son Richard Dabney Alley married Eldorina Rives of Prince George County, daughter of Peyton Rives. They were married in Petersburg, VA.

Elias Alley

Posted: 19 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2002 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Alley, Leonard
I am seeking information on Elias Alley. He may be a part of Richard Dabney Alley in Buckingham County. I have no information on Elias Alley other than he was married to Cornelia Leonard b. 1/5/1834 d. 12/22/1915. They were married prior to 1861. Elias died in Chimborazo Hospital, Richmond VA in 1864 as the result of a wound he received in the war. He was in the 9th VA Infantry. If you have any information regarding his tie to the family you are searching I would appreciate the help.
George Grigg (Elias Alley's gggrandson)

Re: Elias Alley

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: ALLEY
I wanted to reply to you earlier, because I feel there must be some connection, but don't have anything concrete. Richard Dabney Littleton Alley served in Civil war from North Carolina Transfered F Co. 16th Battn Cav Reg. NC
Source: North Carolina Troops 1861-65, A Roster
Abbreviation: NCRosterC
Published by on 1993

We're looking for his father, HENRY ALLEY who married an "Emily." probably from Buckingham County, VA. or Petersburg, VA

Re: Henry Alley

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 3:58AM GMT
I'm looking for a Rev. Henry Alley who along with "his lady" was engaged by the trustees of Buckingham Female Collegiate Institute as part of the Boarding staff.(per Richmond Enquirer 24 Oct 1837) Also wanting to know if Elizabeth Y Alley is related? Is this the Henry Alley ordained Elder in the VA conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church 1823? Who is "his Lady"?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions