Search for content in message boards

Bowles of Tennessee

Bowles of Tennessee

Posted: 3 Mar 2001 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2001 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Bowles, Boles
I am looking for any info. on the Bowles or Boles from Tenesse. I am not sure of the exact connection but It is told there is Cherokee Indian in my family. I would appricaite any help you can give me.
Mandy

Boles TN

Ken&Shirley boles (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2001 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Boles
Mandy. we are researching the Boles family of TN/north AL. We know that Thomas b 1822 married Minerva (no last name known) b cir 1822. She is buried at Ringwood Cemetery in Bowie Co TX. Have not been able to locate Thomas' grave but strongly believe he also came to TX. They had five children: William C, Travis, Nancy, James Thomas, & Henry. They were from around the Lincoln TN area and also Madison Co AL area.
Does this fit any of the research you have. We are trying to fina anything further back. Parents, siblings, etc. Thanks for your time & help. Ken Boles

Boles/Bowles of Tennessee

Posted: 23 May 2001 9:19PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2001 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Boles
Ken,
I am not sure of a connection yet but my sister does have the Boles family Bible and I am trying to get copies of the names and dates in it. I will get in touch with you when I learn more.
Thanks, Mandy

Boles, Tn

Ken Boles (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2001 8:51AM GMT
Thanks Mandy, Look forward in what you may have. Ken Boles <kboles@mail.ev1.net>

Re: Boles TN

sharon boles (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2001 10:45AM GMT
We have just begun to trace our Boles ancestor of Tn.I was stuned to find so many Boles. We are decendants of Thomas burton Boles, Alice McMurray Boles . Thomas father was William R Bowles and wife Mary Monday and Cinda West. William Father i belive is George Bowles and George's father is bellieved to be David Bolwes and his mother elizabeth clowers bowles. If this happens to be anyone u know and u have further research please let me know

Robert Wallace (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2003 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: Bowles, Clowers
David Bowles and Elizabeth Clowers were my 4great grandparents.
You can write directly to me at r2a2w2@mindspring.com. I have the family line. George Bowles/Boles settled in Rhea Co TN.

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 1:55AM GMT
Hi Robert, I believe George BOWLES /Boles is the line i am connected to. I would appreciate any info. you could share with me. Thanks, Wanda Boles

Re: Bowles of Tennessee

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 5:01PM GMT
Hi Mandy,

Don't know if we are related or not but I am a Bowles and I know on my grandfathers side of the family we are Cherokee. I have been trying to find the connection for awhile but have hit a dead end.

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 7:08PM GMT
My great great grandmother was a Bowles, born on the Tn/Al border. Her name was Caroline Jane, and was married to George Newton Tankersley, Then William SS Porter. She also was supposed to be 100% Cherokee

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 10:41PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2012 12:46PM GMT
Surnames: Bowles, Howard
I too have Bowles who were in Tennessee area. Native American heritage. I am stumped on finding the husband of one Sarah Bowles b 1798 VA she married a " Howard". He must have died prior to 1850, for she was living with other family members in Tennessee. She was living with family members in 1860 in St Francois, Missouri. She is not direct line of mine, but an aunt, and would love to find more information on her and the Howard she married. I have Howards in my line and suspect Native American lineage as well.

It would be nice when someone makes a post, if they would include some dates to go by.This would be helpful to those reading the posts.

So to clarify on which Sarah Bowles, she is out of John Bowles and Frances (sp?) "Fannie" Boling ( descent from Matoaka aka Pocahontas).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions