Search for content in message boards

William Thomas Brewer/Jane Hill (cherokee)TN

William Thomas Brewer/Jane Hill (cherokee)TN

Becca Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2000 8:06PM GMT
I am looking for more info on this line. William Thomas Brewer lived in eastern TN. he is from hamburg germany i believe. He married Jane Hill who is full blodded cherokee. If anyone has any info I would love to hear from you.

Becca Brewer

William T Brewer

Posted: 8 May 2000 12:10PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2002 10:03AM GMT
Becca, My granpa was William Thomas Brewer, his father was Charles W Brewer, southern Indiana----any connection? What years and any other info? My e-mail jbrewer@tampabay.rr.com JIM

Re: William Thomas Brewer/Jane Hill (cherokee)TN

Sarah Grover (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Did Wm. and Jane have a child named William?
do you know? I am from Brewer Line that is Cherokee, i may have a small amount of info. maybe

Sarah

Re: William T Brewer

Sarah Grover (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 3:10PM GMT
Dates?? Places?? my gggrandpa was William I brewer, cherokee, and his father was WM. Brewer cherokee, i have them in Cherokee Nation ,and in Mo.

Any help??

Sarah

Jim Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 3:38PM GMT
My grandfather, William Thomas Brewer was born in Gibson county Indiana on 15 Aug. 1863, the son of Charles W. Brewer and Angeline Jordan. Who was Charles W. Brewer's parents???

JIM

Becca Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 8:54PM GMT
The only thing I know is that William Brewer was actually wilhelm von brewer....apparently changed name upon arriving to states...was a surveyor in the hillls along tenn/ky? Wife was cherokee Jane hill was listed as name...from Hill tribe??
Jane acted as a midwife although apparently wasnt fond of kids...lol loved animals tho...go figure
Hubby's grandfather was contacted about paying back taxes in germany for a castle. They never did and unfortunately due to death cant find any info or paperwork. was looking for more info...am in Europe now and want to get as much info as possible before I go to germany.
Yes, William and Jane had a child named william.

Sorry I cant be of more help...all my trails lead to dead ends
Becca

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 10:28PM GMT
My William I Brewer was born 1869 to Wm. Brewer. I am looking into this, but maybe Wm and Charles W. are related.

I 'll keep in touch

Sarah

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 10:37PM GMT
I am currently waiting for info on William I. Brewer son of William (and quite possibly son of William and Jane). William I. is on the Dawes rolls (cherokee 1897), and on the the Miller Rolls. The applications pactes for those rolls are supposed to have 3 generations of info on them. Let us cross our fingers. LOL ;)

I shall keep in touch
Sarah

Posted: 10 Nov 2007 3:51AM GMT
I am descended from a Sarah Brewer born in 1885 who was possibly Cherokee. I read your posts that the applications for the Dawes roll had 3 generations of info in them. How can I obtain that information?

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 6:53PM GMT
wilhelm von brewer changed name to william thomas brewer married jane hill cherokee indian had a son named john henry brewer. wilhelm von brewer was from hamburg germany. jane hill disliked children but loved a german shepard dog. almost killed two individuals who stole the dog. she would catch my dad william thomas brewer standing on the edge of the high porch (like they use to be at that time), and take hersilver tipped walking cane and use it as a baseball bat and knock him off the porch. she did kill a man stealing from her root cellar. went to winchester tennessee to look up record on the two but only found when they were married. can't remember the date -- think 1866 or 7.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic