Search for content in message boards

Erastus Rogers m. Delight Judd, Lyme, CT 1822

Erastus Rogers m. Delight Judd, Lyme, CT 1822

Posted: 25 Mar 2006 10:28PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Judd, Rogers
I recently purchased an old notebook belonging to Ezra Pratt, a Justice of the Peace in Lyme, Connecticut. In it the following marriage was recorded:
July 16, 1822 I lawfully married Erastus Rogers (or possibly Roges) and Delight Judd, a sister of Hogard William, They having been previously published at the meetinghouse in Pleasant Valley. Ezra Pratt.
I hope this information helps someone.

Re: Erastus Rogers m. Delight Judd, Lyme, CT 1822

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rogers/Beckwith
I was searching for information on Diodate Pratt Rogers (b:1801 in Conn.), son of Ezra Rogers and Betsey Beckwith, when I came upon your posting from 2006. I found it very interesting because I cannot understand for the life of me where the name "Diodate Pratt" came from and why Ezra and Betsey would give their first born child such a name!

And then I thought he was named after the Justice of the Peace who married them. Any ideas? I can find no official records of Diodate's birth or Becky & Ezra's marriage.

Thanks for any ideas you can give me,
Paul Roger Camping
Caribou, Maine

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Judd, Diodate
Fascinating question. Did some poking around and found that a William Diodate was a prosperous New Haven merchant (resided there 1717-1751) and that a fair number of children in CT were named after him.

A book about him, Mr. William Diodate (of New Haven from 1717 to 1751) and his Italian ancestry, is available on Ancestry.com.

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 10:28AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers/Beckwith
Thanks for the tip. Keep me in mind if you learn more as I certainly appreciate the help!
Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions