Search for content in message boards

Co Cork or Co Donegal to Boston MA USA in May of 1881

Co Cork or Co Donegal to Boston MA USA in May of 1881

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 5:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: zp
I haven't a clue which port my O'Donnells (below) would have left from .
They were married on Jan 6 1881 and immigrated to Boston MA in May of 1881.
They both came from Co Cork, but were married in Co Donegal.

John F O'Donnell dob Dec 1854 Co Cork, His parents were John O'Donnell and Elizabeth Carney (or Canney).
Bridget Doherty O'Donnell was born in Co Cork 1861. Her parents were Neil Doherty and Margaret(? could be Bradley)

I know they came to Boston in May of 1881, what I don't know is where they left from, name of ship, or if anyone was traveling with them, if so who?

They settled in Boston, and Stoneham Ma. Their children later would be my grandmothers cousins.
Still trying to find out which side of the family the connections on, but one day I guess if we are lucky we'll find if its O'Donnell or Doherty. My Great grandparents were James O'Donnell, and Susan Doherty.

Anyway, if anyone can help with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much

Barbara in MA

Re: Co Cork or Co Donegal to Boston MA USA in May of 1881

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Same problem. Look for ships leaving Liverpool stopping in Queenstown now called Cobh or Galway. Also check Naturalizations Records Especially the Petitions. If all else fails, file a Freedom of Information Act inquiry with the Social Security Department. Good luck. Oh yeah, Check with churches in Co Donegal or with Ireland Ancestry links. Good luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions