Search for content in message boards

David Stewart and Elizabeth Dickson, Ireland to Ottawa, WI 1700s

David Stewart and Elizabeth Dickson, Ireland to Ottawa, WI 1700s

Posted: 5 May 2006 12:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 May 2006 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Dickson, Hunter
Seeking to exchange info on David Stewart, born Ireland between 1776 and 1788 (records vary) and Elizabeth Dickson, born Ireland 1784. They lived in Ottawa, Waukesha, Wisconsin. They had children Jane, James, John, David, Samuel and Mary. Mary married Robert Hunter.

Re: David Stewart and Elizabeth Dickson, Ireland to Ottawa, WI

Gary Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2006 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2006 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: Shinn, Stewart
My John Stewart, was born in 1807, Perry Townshipof Columbian County, Ohio, and he was a son of a John Stewart, but I have no other information, nor his mother's name.

This John married a Mary Shinn, b. 14 May, 1810 in New Jersey, and they were married 24 March, 1831 in Lisbon, Ohio. Mary was a daughter of William Shinn.

I can't seem to break into the next rhealm of my next John.

Thanks

Gary

Re: David Stewart and Elizabeth Dickson, Ireland to Ottawa, WI

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2006 5:15AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2006 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
Gary, thanks for responding, but I am 100% certain that my John Stewart went immediately from Ireland to Ottawa, Wisconsin, so we don't have a match. Good luck in your quest!

Re: David Stewart and Elizabeth Dickson, Ireland to Ottawa, WI 1700s

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, David & Elizabeth Dickson, Ireland to Ottawa, WI
I just started researching this family. All I've collected so far are census records, I can't seem to find much else. Would gladly share what I have.

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 8:57PM GMT
Just got your message. Which of David and Elizabeth's 8 children are you decended from?

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 4:34AM GMT
I am a decendant of David Stewart and Elizabeth Dickson. David Stewart --> Jane Stewart @ Charles Hughes --> Nancy Hughes & James Smith --> Irvin Smith & Agnes Jordan --> Archie Smith & Mabel Worden --> Floyd Smith & Evelyn Johnson --> Daniel Smith(me). I know about this line. Do you need info on this?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions