Search for content in message boards

JUDD by Peggy Gregory, book about Rowland Judd Sr

JUDD by Peggy Gregory, book about Rowland Judd Sr

J C McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2006 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judd
Badly need help to obtain/locate the book Judd by Peggy Gregory, a book about Rowland Judd Sr in Wilkes County, NC.

ANY condition, just as long as it's all there. Reasonably priced. Thank you for any help.

Re: JUDD by Peggy Gregory, book about Rowland Judd Sr

Nona Rae Hall (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2006 7:37PM GMT
I have the Judd Book.I will be glad to look up anything for you.I am a decendant of Rowland Judd.

Joe Judd (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2006 10:32AM GMT
Hi Nona
Which line are you from? I am from Nathaniel's line.

Nona Rae Hall (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2006 3:35PM GMT
I am from John Judd,who married Polly.John was the youngest son.Nathaniel Judd SR., was Rowland's oldest.He married Elizabeth Owens.My brother met Peggy Gregory in Houston,TX in 1985.I have a picture of them.

Jane McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2006 6:10PM GMT
Thank you, Nona, for your generous offer. My idea of obtaining the actual book would be to give me information on general family history, migration, perhaps people they knew, and everything else, a big general overview with hopefully specific incidences/stories, etc. Several other branches in my family seem to have migrated from VA to NC to KY to IN to IL at the same time, same counties, same townships, so I guess I wonder if they all perhaps knew each other and when the kids grew up, they married. Or some such thing.

I, too, am a descendant of Rowland Sr through his son Robert, his daughter Elizabeth (Betsy) who married Wm. Thomas Williamson.

Thank you again, Nona, my loss that I can't be more specific.

Jane McGuire

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2006 4:19PM GMT

Nona hall (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2006 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Judd
I have found Zebulon "Zeb" Judd,unfortunately it says parents unknown.It shows he married Annie Kinnaird.There 6th child was Riddley Mitchell Judd,married Gertrude Thompson.IThats all I can find.Sorry,I can't be of more help.I do not find a John David.

Nancy Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 1:08AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I will keep working on my tree, it seems I'm getting new information every day. This is so exciting!!!

Posted: 29 Dec 2010 5:31AM GMT
I am from John's line as well. My line goes John- Joseph -Ruth then Ruth Ellen Shepard. I live in Nashville, TN but my parents are from Adair County, Ky.

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 5:01PM GMT
Can you tell me the date and publisher of the book. I am using excerpts in my genealogy charts. I am a descendent of Rowland via son Robert,grandson James, great grand daughter Irena Judd Johnson.

Thank you, cousin!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions