Search for content in message boards

Martin County, Indiana Roth Family

Martin County, Indiana Roth Family

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 1:25AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 2:27AM GMT
I am trying to get started doing the family tree of the Roth's of Martain Co. I know that there were three girls and two boys. One boy lived in California and the other lived in Storm Lake, Iowa. Help Please

Re: Martin County, Indiana Roth Family

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2004 8:57PM GMT
Do you have any first names? I'm looking for Adam Roth and Magdalina Reuter Roth who immigrated from Germany to Indiana in 1848 as newlyweds. Their children were Eve (married Bohlinger; Montana), Fred (Duluth, Minn.), Mary Magdaline (Bury; AR.,OK), Barbara (Yochem; Indiana), John, and Joseffa (Indiana). If you have information, please reply.
Thanks, Carol

Posted: 2 Sep 2001 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roth
My family has roots in Martin Co., also. My ggrandmother was Mary Roth. I believe she had two sisters, Jane and Huldah and two brothers, Robert and Omer. The girls were born in the 1840s, Robert in 1851 and Omer in 1868. Their father was John Roth. He was probably married twice, first to Amelia Hank who was the girls' mother and Dorcas Caples who was the boys'. John was born in PA and married in OH. The girls were born in OH. Is there any connection with your Roths

ANN W. FULK A ROTH DECENDANT (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 1:32AM GMT
We have four (4) Girls and two (2) BOYS.

GIRLS NAMES WERE: BOYS NAMES WERE:
1. MARY 1. ROBERT
2. HULDA 2. OMER H. AND A DECEASED TWIN DIED
3. JANE AT BIRTH AND WAS BURIED UNDER THE
4. OLIVE MAPLE TREE BY THE HOUSE IN MARTIN CO.,IN.AT THE HOME PLACE. HIS NAME WAS ALPHA OMEGA SINCE HE WAS BORN AND DIED IMMEDIATELY.

I am Jacqueline Ann Western Fulk (My mother was Catharine Ann Roth Western) I have 3 Aunties living. My auntie(who has Alzheimers) and I think she is close to 90. My youngest Auntie is Clara Todd Roth Jones who lives in Crane, IN.
These two Aunties are daughters of Omer H. Roth. His sons were Omer H. Roth Jr. and Karl. OH, I forgot Aunt Helen Lamson who is probably late 80's and lives in ARIZ. I'm not very co-ordinated but, my Auntie who has Alheimers is named Pauline Olive. I hope this has helped some. I'll try and think of more things. I know Aunt Toddie has some pictures you may want.
Sincerely,
Ann

Posted: 14 Nov 2002 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 2:27AM GMT
My wifes grand father was Omar h. Roth. He is burried in Loogootee, IN. His father I do not know but I know that he is burried on what today is the Naval Ammunition Station. We can get permission from the commanding office to go in to take pictures as long as the is a Marine present at all times.

Omar H.'s wife was Anna Rebecca Todd and is also burried next to him in Loogootee, IN.

I have a lot of family mail copies to go through so keep in touch.

Bud

W. G. "Bud" Fulk (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 2:40AM GMT
I have located a definite connection between your family and the family of my wife Jacquline Western. Her mother was a Roth.
Her Garndfather was Omer H. Roth and His father was you John Roth. I have also located their burial sites and hope that in the future I will be able to send you pictures. His wife, Dorcas,she is the one buried with Robert on the grounds of the Crane Naval Ammunition Facility. was buried in a different graveyard since they were divorced.

Bud

Posted: 25 Nov 2009 4:12PM GMT
Hi,

Just found your message while searching today. There is a connection! My grandmother was Huldah Roth and she married William Ginther of Tuscarawas Co. Ohio. Would love to share info! Since she died many years before I was born, I had very little info about her. Hope this message gets to you in reply to your original post of 2001 !

marycontrare
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions