Search for content in message boards

Marriage Records

Marriage Records

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am wondering if marriage records have the parents of the groom and bride on them ? I found a marriage record of a possible cousin of mine,. The marriage was on 13 Oct 1934 in Twin Falls.

Re: Marriage Records

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 7:17PM GMT
I think you might have better luck looking for an announcement in the newspaper. what are the names?
John in ID

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: ely calvert
Ralph Henry Ely married Maryee Calvert 13 Oct 1934 in Twin Falls.

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 8:29PM GMT
Well, perhaps I am wrong. The Twin Falls Daily News for 14 Oct 1934 says, "Californians Wed at Local Parsonage. Miss Maryee Calvert, San Francisco, and Ralph Henry Ely, also of that city, were united in marriage at high noon yesterday at the Methodist Episcopal parsonage, Dr. William Basil Young officiating."

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: calvert
That Maryee Calvert is listed as a Californian is odd/surprising, since I found her on city directories for Pocatello in 1927. 1929, 1930 and 1934.

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 10:40PM GMT
That is odd - she was apparently a teacher in Pocatello and in Salt Lake City before that. In the 1919 Salt Lake City directory, she is shown as a student boarding at 35 G St. Also at that address was a Pertilla G. Calvert shown with no occupation but as a resident - which implies head of household. Does that name ring any bells? John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions