Search for content in message boards

Crow

Posted: 10 Aug 2003 12:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: RILEY, CROW, SAILOR, LATSHAW, WADEL, JOHNSON, AIGLER, TAYLOR, GOUGER, BYRNE
I have four books written by James Homer Crow. The books are:

1 - THE HISTORY of the JACOB CROW FAMILY In Greene County, Pa. and Marshall County, W.Va. (AUGUST 7, 1977)
2 - Short Stories of the Jacob Crow Family.
3 - The Fireside Stories of the Jacob Crow Family. (Published 1979)
4 - Localisms and Unusual Sayings Gleaned from the Four Generations of the JACOB CROW FAMILY. (JUNE, 1981)

My mother met Homer back in 1985, she wrote in one of the books "We visited with Homer in 1985. He is almost senile - will not leave his old farm house. Martin Crow wants him to move to Austin where he can see that he's properly cared for but he refuses to leave."

My connection to Jacob is through his daughter Esther who married Jacob Sailor. Their son Moses Sailor moved to Minnesota which is where my connection comes in. Moses was the first white settler in Faribault County, Minnesota and there is a miniature cabin built to commemorate him.

Judie in Florida

RILEY, CROW, SAILOR, LATSHAW, WADEL, JOHNSON, AIGLER, TAYLOR, GOUGER, BYRNE

Re: Crow

Amber (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2003 11:23PM GMT
I am related to the same Moses Sailor that has the monument in Blue Earth Minnesota. My grandmothers maiden name is Donna Sailor, and I belive that her fathers name was John Sailor. She said that Moses Sailor is her great great grandfather. She has an old family tree book...I talked to her today and she said that she was wondering where that book ever went, she takes turns living with her daughters. I'm sure the book is somewhere..?

moses sailor

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 12:13PM GMT
if you find that family tree I would like a copy.
moses sailor was my ggg grand father.
my grand mother was Shirly B Sailor she married an Emery
any help would be great
thanx
pl

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 12:21AM GMT
I am also a descendant of Esther Crow and Jacob Sailor. Would like to share information if possible.
David Peterson

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: Crow, Sailor
What information are you looking for?

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: Crow, Sailor, Medders
My line is descended through Esther Sailor, daughter of Jacob Sailors and Esther Crow, who married Aaron Medders. I would like to find out more about the ancestors in the Crow, Sailor and Medders lines.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions