Search for content in message boards

Swatara State Park /Suedberg Area

Swatara State Park /Suedberg Area

Andrew Gilbert (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2006 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
The area in question is west of stoney valley road and the intersection of 443 in the area of the railroad bedcan anyone tell me what was in the area in the past? I found the remnants of 3 block circle structures and an area of pavement that leads to the area of block structure foundations.Also found old fencing and 2 remnants of old equipment one of which is almost buried in the ground.The fencing appears to be approx. 100yds long and appears to have been 2 seperate rectangle fenced in areas.the fences start just west of the American Telephone & Telegraph Co./Transcontinental Coaxial Cable Co. line running north and south.This hisotry of this area fascinates me and i wish things could've been preserved for historic purposes. Hope my description is clear enough for someone to help me.

Re: Swatara State Park /Suedberg Area

Posted: 9 Jan 2006 11:02PM GMT
A lot of my family, (Snyders) lived in that area. I believe they moved in about 1840 or so. My Gr, Gr, Gr Grandfather, Benjamin Snyder, owned a farm right on 443, right at the Leb.County and Schuylkill County line. I believe Benjamin and a couple of his brothers were boatmen for the Union Canal..
Not sure if that helps or not..
Eric Snyder

Re: Swatara State Park /Suedberg Area

Jan Snyder Leibin (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2006 4:06AM GMT
Surnames: SNYDER
hi, Eric
Just spotted this post, see my reply to your query. Think this may be same Benjamin on my family tree, would be interested in further info. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions