Search for content in message boards

Thomas Cain MD-DE 1700's

Thomas Cain MD-DE 1700's

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 6:49AM GMT
Seeking info on the wife of Thomas Cain, Jr., her name was Eunice (Unicey) Hubbard? Who were her parents? Also need info on Thomas, Sr. and his wife. Thomas, b. ca 1730, d. May 1794 in Caroline Co., MD. His wife, Catherine Forcum, d. bef 1790. Need parents on both.

Thomas Cain

Posted: 31 Jul 2000 11:58AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 1:18AM GMT
WE ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN FINDING A THOMAS CAIN, WHO WAS IN SURRY CO. N.CAROLINA, 1799. ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ON THOMAS CAIN AND UNIECE HUBBARD CAIN, HE WAS BORN 1724 AND DIED 1799, DELAWARE. DO NOT HAVE DATES OF THOMAS OF MARYLAND. WHAT DATES AND NAMES OF CHILDREN DO YOU HAVE FOR THE ONE WHO WAS FROM MARYLAND? THERE SEEMS TO BE MUCH CONFUSION ON DANIEL WHO IS CLAIMED AS BEING A SON OF THOMAS OF DEL. AND ALSO THE SON OF CELIA STEELMAN CAIN, OF SURRY CO. N.C. THERE MUST HAVE BEEN TWO DANIEL'S BUT HOW TO GET IT STRAIGHTENED OUT NOW IS A QUESTION. APPRECIATE YOUR INFORMATION.

Thomas and Daniel Cain

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 7:18AM GMT
I ran into the same problem. Have researched wills in MD/DE area and found the following:

A Daniel Cain died in Kent Co., DE in Dec. 1747.
Ref. Calendar of Kent Co., DE Probate Records 1680-1800
Will found, made 12-27-1747; heirs,
cousin, Franssus Cain;
wife, Elener,
Dennes Cain, no designation;
son, Thomas,
daughter, Ann.
Exec. Peter Lowber

Francis Cain died in Kent Co. on Dec. 26, 1763 and left a will:
Ref. Calendar of Kent Co., DE Probate Records 1680-1800
Heirs:
sons, John, Dennes, Daniel, Francis;
Daughter, Elizabeth Skinner;
Grandsons, Francis and Daniel Cain, sons of son Dennes.
Exec. son, Francis,
Wit. Michael Lowber, Ezebell Dagnell. Prob. 4-30-1764 Arch Vol A7, pp 61, 62; Reg of Wills, Lieber K, Folios 340, 341

Thomas Cain, Sr. died in Jan. His will admitted to probate on 9 Jan 1795, in Caroline County, MD, by son Thomas Cain, Jr. Receiving grants from this will are:
son John Cain's widow, (not named)
wife Frances,
son William,
son Thomas,
daughter Els (presumeably abbreviation for Elizabeth).

My Thomas Cain, Jr. died between Oct 17 and Nov. 15, 1799 in Kent Co. In his will, he names "my well beloved sones Dannel Cane and John Cane",
"my wife anney Cain" in another spot she is named "unice Cain"
"my granson tilghman brown"
"my daughter Nance Brown"
"my daughter Rody Cane"

On Nov. 15, 1799 Unicy Cain, Daniel Cain and Ralph Colscott "of Mispellon Hundred of the County of Kent" appeared in court to post a bond.

On Oct. 8, 1804, Nancy Brown rec'd her and her son, Tilghman's settlement.
On Oct. 19, 1804, Ralf Colscutt rec'd Rhoda Cain's portion.
On Dec. 3, 1804, Daniel rec'd his settlement.
On Dec. 3, 1804, John rec'd his settlement.

I have seen information on a Daniel who married in NC in 1789, his wife was given as Unicey Hubbard. I haven't found this info myself, but it doesn't seem as if my Thomas, Jr.'s son, Daniel, is the same one who went to NC. If he was married in NC in 1789, then was back in DE between 1799 and 1804, I doubt if he is the one you are looking for.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions