Search for content in message boards

Andrew Jackson Allen GA to Hamburg, Ashley Co, AR

Andrew Jackson Allen GA to Hamburg, Ashley Co, AR

Posted: 20 Feb 2002 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2004 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Allen
A J Allen was born in Georgia in 1843. He married Elizabeth Jane Daniel. According to his youngest sons, Edward Leland, obit they had three daughters with one wife and three daughters and one son with another. It stated A J's father was Wade H, and in Leland's obit it stated that Hogan was his father (Wade Hogan?). I know some the names of his dauthers: Anna Adele (md M C Harris), Emma Elizabeth (md T P Noble), Jewel (md E L Gardner), and Mattie (md J M Gardner). I am looking for his second wife's name, confirmation on his parents name, and the names of his remaining children.

Re: Andrew Jackson Allen GA to Hamburg, Ashley Co, AR

Roger Allen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2002 9:24PM GMT
Good morning Dalena, I have been sending questions to this
formatt for about 3 years now. This is the first time any-
thing meshed with my family, so here goes what I know so
far.
Andrew Jackson4 Allen, (Wade Hampton3, Benjamin W.2, William1) was born 06/28/1845 in Fulton (Heard) GA, and died about 02/24/1917 in Crossett (Ashley) AR. He married (1) Louisa Jane Daniel 1867, daughter of William Daniel and Levina Phillips. She was born 07/20/1842 in AL, and died 04/07/1888 in (Ashley) AR. He married (2) Martha "Mattie" Francis 01/19/1891 in Crossett (Ashley) AR, daughter of Rev. Allen and Frances Rushing. She was born 08/14/1860 in (Ashley) AR. and died 02/28/1915 in (Ashley) AR.
I have quite a few sheets of notes that I would be happy to send you or fax you, my motivation is to discover where the Allen's came from prior to GA, it is rumored that they came from NC directly before GA, but do not have anything in writing prior to GA.
Let me know if this helps, there are other names and dates and places etc in my notes. Thanks, Roger Allen

Posted: 2 Mar 2002 4:35AM GMT
Dalena, I hope I haven't ask this before, if so disregard.
Do you know of Duke and Francis Allen-GA, lived in Marshall Co. AL abt/1800-? I think my ggf-Asa was their son. Missing lots of info. Will share what I have.
Thanks,
glenda <tkdozer@atoka.net>

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 8:01AM GMT
Surnames: Allen Gardner Wyles Barnes
I am searching for the parents of Harriet Allen, who married Wm. W. Wyles in Lincoln Co., AR in 1880. They lived in Drew Co., AR and he had a brother that married a Gardner, who eventually moved to LA. Do you think there could be a connection?
All I know is the she had a sister, who married a Barnes man from Grant Co., AR. These places are all close to the Saline and Arkansas and Ouachita Rivers. These men were fishers and trappers.
mnichols@ipa.net

Posted: 15 Aug 2002 11:44PM GMT
Hi , I was reading your post's and thought since i am a descendant of John Wesley Allen and Mattie Emma Ivey of dooly co GA . and yes they did come from NC in Wagons with everything they owned . the families came together to GA other surnames are Lockerman , Burgess , Faulk , Layfield , Noble , Abbott, Thompson , Collier . I will have to search my census files to find your Andrew Jackson Allen . Funny my son's name is Andrew he is 3 yrs old and full of life . See Ya Lori webb spud16@bellsouth.net

Posted: 28 Sep 2002 7:46PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2004 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: ALLEN
Here's another Andrew J ALLEN:

Family Group Record
28 Sep 2002
======================================================================================================================================================
Husband: William ALLEN-4044[1,2]
======================================================================================================================================================
Born[2,3]: 1826 Place: GA USA (Harris Co) LDS ordinance dates Temple
Census[2]: 1850 Place: Harris Co., Ga., USA Baptized:
Endowed:
SealPar:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Married[1]: Place: SealSp:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Husband's father: George W ALLEN-4042
Husband's mother: Mrs Mary (ALLEN)-4043
Wife: Mrs (ALLEN)-8268

Children
1. Leodocia ALLEN-4045[1,2]
F Born[2,4]: 1837 Place: Harris Co., Ga., USA Baptized:
Census[2]: 1850 Place: Harris Co., Ga., USA Endowed:
SealPar:

2. George W 2 ALLEN-4046[1,2]
M Born[2,5]: 1839 Place: Harris Co., Ga., USA Baptized:
SealPar:

3. William ALLEN Jr-4047[1,2]
M Born[2,6]: 1845 Place: Harris Co., Ga., USA Baptized:
SealPar:

4. Andrew J ALLEN-4048[1,2]
M Born[2,7]: 1847 Place: Harris Co., Ga., USA Baptized:
SealPar:

Notes:

Sources:

1. 1870 Federal Census, GA Pulaski Co Pg 323.
2. 1850 Federal Census, GA Harris Co House # 897.
3. 1850 U S Federal Ceasus, Pg 76 Image # 83-109.
4. 1850 U S Federal Ceasus.
5. 1850 U S Federal Ceasus.
6. 1850 U S Federal Ceasus.
7. 1850 U S Federal Ceasus.
Prepared by:
Evans (Craig) ALLEN
6761 Proctor Rd
MICCOSUKEE, FL 32309-4057
USA
craigflorida@att.net

Posted: 22 Nov 2002 6:53AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 3:48AM GMT
Andrew Jackson Allen 2nd married my gg-aunt, Martha F. "Mattie" Allen. I know of one daughter for them - Sarah Ellen "Sallie" Allen - who married George Howell Keener, Sr.

Mattie's parents were Rev. Hogan Allen and Frances Eleanor "Ellen" Rushing. The obit was probably naming A. J.'s father-in-law as Hogan Allen.

I would like to know which of the listed daughters go with which wife.

Posted: 22 Nov 2002 7:13AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Rushing, White, Williams
I have this about Mattie's parents. The Rev. Allen you mentioned is Hogan Allen and his wife is Frances Eleanor "Ellen" Rushing. They are my gg-granparents and are from Anson Co., NC. In 1850 they were on their way from NC to California to find gold when their wagon became bogged in mud in Arkansas. A nice gentleman, William Spencer, came along and helped get them out of the muck. Looking about, they decided that Arkansas looked like a nice place to live and settled there instead of California. They names their first son William Spencer Allen to honor the gentleman who came to their assistance. He was my g-grandfather.

Interestingly, Hogan had a brother named Hampton (b. 1821) who married Mary Williams. Their parents were the Hon. William Colin Allen (1797-1880) and Margaret Hunter Benton. (William Colin Allen's other wives were Nancy Turner and Nancy Russell.) William Colin Allen's parents were Josiah Allen (1770-1832) and Nancy Ann "Annie" White (1774-1835) who both died in Anson Co., NC.

I find the similarity of names quite interesting and would like to know if there is a connection to the Andrew Jackson Allen family you listed in your response.

Posted: 22 Nov 2002 7:15AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Rushing, White, Williams
I have this about Mattie's parents. The Rev. Allen you mentioned is Hogan Allen, and his wife is Frances Eleanor "Ellen" Rushing. They are my gg-grandparents and are from Anson Co., NC. In 1850 they were on their way from NC to California to find gold when their wagon became bogged in mud in Arkansas. A nice gentleman, William Spencer, came along and helped get them out of the muck. Looking about, they decided that Arkansas looked like a nice place to live and settled there instead of California. They named their first son William Spencer Allen to honor the gentleman who came to their assistance. He was my g-grandfather.

Interestingly, Hogan had a brother named Hampton (b. 1821) who married Mary Williams. Their parents were the Hon. William Colin Allen (1797-1880) and Margaret Hunter Benton. (William Colin Allen's other wives were Nancy Turner and Nancy Russell.) William Colin Allen's parents were Josiah Allen (1770-1832) and Nancy Ann "Annie" White (1774-1835) who both died in Anson Co., NC.

I find the similarity of names quite interesting and would like to know if there is a connection to the Andrew Jackson Allen family you listed in your response.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions