Search for content in message boards

alice atwell

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 12:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2007 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: ATWELL, ATTWELL, GOODALL
can anyone fined anything on alice maud may atwell/attwell
on the 1901 census she was married to archibald goodall and had two children, she was married in sept 1896 holborn, her father on the wed.cert is edward douglas atwell she signs it attwell, surpose to be born in marylebone london i cannt find any trace. she doesnt come from tipton, dudley because it doesnt match on 1901 census, i have her two wed. certs. and her death and have spent a lot of time trying to find her birth and thought some one might have a thought.one left in the family knows any more than me. thaks frances

Re: alice atwell

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 1:19PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2007 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: ATWELL
Frances

I think you might have to accept that Alice is indeed the girl from Tipton- she was born at the right time and with the right dad! It is not unusual for enumerators to have copied something down wrongly when transferring the info to the main census sheet.

My great grandma was born in a different place on every census.

What does the marr cert say that her dad did for a living- not many coal miners on Marylebone LOL

Who were the witnesses on the first cert?

It would seem as if this is her birth

Births Dec 1878
Atwell Alice Maud M Dudley 6c page 60

Have you ever got that cert- to see what it names her dad as?

Regards

Carol

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 2:25PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2007 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: ATWELL, ATTWELL
hi there thanks for reading this, alice m.m. atwell [tipton] was a servant in edgebaston that were it goes wrong i followed till then thought i was on a winner, my alice has archibald 1889 and celia rose 1900 in 1901, her dad on the wed cert was a commision agent[dont know what that is]

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 2:32PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2007 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: ATWELL, ATTWELL
And who were the witnesses,as we should be trying to match them up with other family members.

I had found her in 1901,with Archibald and the kids.
Did she have more after 1901- again trying to see if any family names were carried forward to her kids.

It would be incredibly strange if there were another Alice May M At(t)well born c 1878 with an Edward as a dad- wouldn't it?

I'd bet my bottom dollar that she is the same girl.

Carol

Posted: 10 Mar 2007 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2007 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: ATWELL, GORDON, WICKHAM
hi there i thought they were the same, but 1901 census alice tipton as i say is at edgebaston warwickshire with the thornton family who own a pub.
alice witneses are thomas gordon and julia wickham, not names i know. yes she had 7 children in all up to 1916 none of the family are alive and apart from my sister, i no nothing of the family we were not a close family group alice died in 1959 named maddams age 80 in barnet london
thanks frances
per page

Find a board about a specific topic