Search for content in message boards

QUINLAN, FENTON,BUCKLEY,TIERNEY,OCONNOR,KEEFE

QUINLAN, FENTON,BUCKLEY,TIERNEY,OCONNOR,KEEFE

Posted: 26 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 6:25PM GMT
A search showed that all names listed appeared in County Kerry. Believe Mary Quinlan born abt 1830 in Ireland died 1903 Mobile Alabama, Came to USA with sister Honora Keefe and her Husband John. Father was Patrick Quinlan,Mother Mary Fenton. Believe Patrick's father was William. Mary Fenton's mother was Honora Buckley. William Quinlan's wife might have been a Tierney or O'Connor. Trying to confirm this information.

QUINLANS IN COUNTY KERRY

Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN, JOYCE, MCGARRY, LARKIN, DELANEY, MORRISSEY

Family tradition says that my g grandfather, Patrick Henry Quinlan, was born in Killarney, but we don't know when. The 1880 census gives his age as 53? but his death notec in 1909 states he was 65. The census date is most likely incorrect but we think he was nearer 70 when he died. We do not know his parent's names but his mother's maiden name may be Doyle. We think he had sisters Catherine and Johanna. We think he came to the USA in the a850s or early 1860s,first to Indiana, then to Plattsburg, Clinton, MO, USA and finally to Kansas City, Jackson, MO, USA. We think he married Catherine Morrissey while in IN and theire first child was born there. We do not know if his family came with him. The story was that one parent died and he did not "get along" with the new step parent, but no one knows if this is true or not. Looking for connections in County Kerry.

Quinlan

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Quinlan, Dundon
My ggggrandfather was Jeremiah Quinlan, born 1825. He had a daughter Mary, born in County Kerry date unknown. I think his wife was possibly Margaret Maher. They traveled to the US when Mary was 13. Jeremiah died on June 12, 1873 in Pennsylvania.

Mary married John Dundon (born 1840 in County Limerick, died 1878 in Pennsylvania). They had 6 children: Charles, Patrick, Mary, Jack, Margaret, Ann.

Any relation?

Quinlan

Posted: 20 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2001 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Keane, Kane, Quinlan, Riley, McElroy
I have a Cornelius Kane married to a Catherine Quinlan circa 1830s in County Kerry. She could be a sister to your Patrick Henry Quinlan. What other information do you have for the ancestors of Patrick Quinlan? Catherine was supposed to have died during the famine.

I also have a Patrick Quinlan in the 1860 Illiois Census--he was listed as 29 and born in Ireland. Living with him, are his wife,Dorsey Quinlan, 25, also born in Ireland, a baby Patrick Quinlan, Jr. age 1, and a H. Quinlan, age 31, also born in Ireland. C. Cain, 53, T. Cain, 18, and John Cain, 15, also are listed with the above Quinlans.

We have a lot of the same names, so we could be related in some way. Do you have any other information?

quinlan family

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN
My Patrick Quinlan was married 18 October 1859 to Catharine MORRISSEY according to records in the Cass County Indiana clerks office. They appear in the 1860 census in Pulaski County Indiana. They moved to Clinton County Missouri around 1867 and moved to Kansas City, MO prior to 1900. Unfortunately, we know nothing about Patrick's siblings or parents and are looking for information. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Quinlan family

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN
I don't know enough about my Quinlan family in Ireland to answer. I know that Patrick first lived in the Cass/Pulaski County Indiana area before moving to Missouri. No mention was ever made of family in the USA and we believe he immigrated alone.

Quinlan

Sherry Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN, KEANE, RILEY, CRONIN
Hi, Jeanne:

I am interested in our Quinlan connection. What information do you have on Patrick Henry Quinlan's sisters, Catherine and Johanna? Did they immigrate to the US and the Missouri area also? What information is contained in his 1909 obituary? I know a number of years ago I saw a family newspaper article about a Morrissey? Many thanks for any information you have.

Quinlan

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN, KEANE, RILEY, CRONIN
Hi, Jeanne:

I am interested in our Quinlan connection. What information do you have on Patrick Henry Quinlan's sisters, Catherine and Johanna? Did they immigrate to the US and the Missouri area also? What information is contained in his 1909 obituary? I know a number of years ago I saw a family newspaper article about a Morrissey--did he manage a department store in Mississippi? Many thanks for any information you have.

QUINLAN

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN, KANE
Hi Jeanne:

What information do you have that leads you to think Patrick Henry Quinlan had sisters named Catherine and Johanna? Do you have a copy of his obituary of 1909? I also have a Henry Quinlan Family in Illinois in the 1870-80 period. Henry is not a very common name, so there could be a relationship.

Thanks for your help!

Sherry Stafford

Quinlan

Posted: 3 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUINLAN, KEANE, RILEY, MCELROY
It seems to me that I saw a newspaper article in a distant cousin's book that was about a Morrissey. But that was about eight years ago, and since then my parents have passed away, and I have lost contact with this cousin.

Is the name Henry Quinlan a family name or just the middle name of Patrick Henry Quinlan? I have a picture of Phillip Quinlan and another of Margaret Quinlan, circa 1950s, from a Centennial book of a Catholic Church. Are these names familiar to you?

Many thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions