Search for content in message boards

Young's from White and Wayne county ILLINOIS

Young's from White and Wayne county ILLINOIS

Posted: 5 Feb 2005 2:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Still looking for info on Lee Young and family from Illinois.

Re: Young's from White and Wayne county ILLINOIS

Posted: 7 Mar 2005 7:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 3:41PM GMT
Are you looking for the lee young who's father is Christopher and mother is katherine ? Lee would have been born about 1820? If so I may have some information for you. What exactly are you looking for?
Donna

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 12:42AM GMT
Yes, these are theYoung's Iam looking for. I am interested in anything you may haveon them but am particularly interested in finding something on Allice Young who would be my GGrandmother. I know nothing about her and as my mother is getting elderly I would love to come up with something on her so she would know.

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 2:05AM GMT
Mary,
I will tell you what I have on lee young.
Father is christopher young born 1774 in S.C chistopher married KatherineFunkhouser (Kitty) on Jan. 11, 1800 in logan county Kentucky. on the 1810 census they are in Butler Kentucky. The 1820 Census has them in white co. IL.
Lee seems to have been born in kentucky though. must have moved before census.
The following information is from the young family file in carmi IL. genealogy society,

Lee Young, born 1820 kentucky, d. 17 Jan. 1863, Cairo,IL. while serving his country in the civil war. Co. D 56th Regt.
Lee married Sarah A. Hunsinger, 28 Mar. 1844, ceremony performed by Robert Lee, M.G. Sarah was d/o Daniel Hunsinger. She married (2) Hezekiah Light 21 Mar.1866. The 1860 census shows three children. Her pension application papers list 2 other children.
Lee's service papers state, "This man was discharged on a certificate of disability on 25Sept 1862 at Cincinatti, Ohio. He was admitted to post hospital at Cario, ill. On 24 Dec. 1862 and died there 17 Jan. 1863 of small pox. He was not in military service at the time of his death.
They show 6 children
Henry Young b. ca1845, census, not mentioned in sarah's application papers in 1863.

Abraham Young b. 1847, census not mentioned in 1863.

Alice A. Young conflicting birthdate, papers give her birthdate as 13 Oct 1856 yet another paper says that alice was 5yrs. 3 months 4 days in 1863.

Mary Young b. 11 Feb. 1860

Lee Ann Young b 10 sep.1862 twin to calvin Lee Young?

Calvin Lee Young b. 10 sept. 1862 d. between 2 apr.1863 and 22 june 1870, application papers.

Lee's Brothers and sisters are:
Squire Young 1800-1846
Margaret Young 1802-1844
Minerva Young 1807-1878
Ninian W Young 1809-1896
Lucy Young 1814-1874
Lee Young 1820-1863
Erbin Young 1822-1880
Abraham Young 1824-1901
Half Sister Mary Young 1837-
half brother Henry Young 1838-
half brother John Young 1839-
The information was taken from the Funkhouser A Swiss American Genealogy 1364-1978
I hope this information was helpful. I have not been able to find info on christopher's parents yet. still looking. I know Katherine died before july of 1835 because christopher marries Rispah Burrell then.
Donna

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 2:16AM GMT
Donna,
Thanks so much for your info.It was greatly appreciated. If you come up with anything else on them please share! By the way are you related to them?

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 5:15PM GMT
Hi Mary,
I am glad the information helped you. It is always interesting to get new information. I have some small amounts of information on lee's brothers. I can tell you about if you want the info. Erbin and Susannah young had a child named Roscoe, he told researchers that Christopher and Rispah Young were overseers of the poor house in Carmi. and after christopher died, Erbin and susannah took over. Also That there are 4 unmarked graves in the Young Family Cem.and that two of them belong to Christopher and Kitty. I did find a marriage listing for christopher and Kitty Funkhouser in Logan Co. Kentucky. Christopher's name is spelt Chuslley. I haven't been able to find any thing else spelt that way. I will let you know if I find anything else on christopher.
I am related to this family. Christopher is my ggg grandfather. Lee's half brother John is my gg grandfather.
Donna

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2005 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Black, Williams, Luther, Camby, Burner, Young, Dickenson, Bruce
Donna:
I am interested in this "Young" family. My ancestor is Elizabeth Young, said to be born circa 1780 in Kentucky. She married Laban Putman in 1800 in Livingston, Kentucky. Laban was living in Warren Co., Kentucky at the time with his family. Laban and Elizabeth moved 1810 to Warrick Co., Indiana, then moved to White Co., Illinois are are there in the 1830 Census.

I understand that Logan Co., and Livingston Co. Kentucky come from the same parent county. I am wondering if there might be some connection here for Elizabeth. I know little about her or her family. Any information or ideas you might have is appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: 3 Jul 2005 12:31AM GMT
Hi Juliana,
I am not sure what information you are looking for, but Christopher Young was born approx. 1774 so your Elizabeth being born in 1780 is possible as a sister to christopher. The only thing is christopher children list their father as being born in South Carolina. I would be interested in looking into elizabeth living in logan or butler co. in the 1800's since this is the first place we have found proof of christopher.
I haven't been able to find any thing on Christopher's parents or any brothers or sisters. Since the older census only list head of familys it is harder to prove connections for that time period. let me know what information you need and I will help you as much as I can.
Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions