Search for content in message boards

Richard White Austin, Donald Lee Austin & Harold Cleo Austin

Richard White Austin, Donald Lee Austin & Harold Cleo Austin

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Austin
I am searching for information on my Uncles, Donald Lee Austin b:Jan.1-1931 in California, d:Apr.10-1986 in Anchorage, Alaska. He had 2 children that I know of, a dau. named Donna and a son named Ross. The parents of these 3 men were Birch Roy Austin and Susan Ann White. The next Uncle is Richard White Austin b:Mar.11-1936 California,
d:Sep.2-1990 in Anchorage, Alaska. He is believed to be buried in Anchorage Memorial Park. He was married to Patsy, last name unknown. They had a son believed to be named Richard Birch. The 3rd Uncle is Harold Cleo Austin who no one seems to know what happened to. Harold was b:Sep.27-1922 in Wisconsin and married Polly Ann Byrd in Knoxville, Tn. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, betsy
I have a lot of Austin family info. that I am willing to share with anyone. Most of my Austin family lived in Frederick and Montgomery, Md. and Ohio Co., Ky.

Re: Richard White Austin, Donald Lee Austin & Harold Cleo Austin

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 7:47PM GMT
both richard and donald are at the anchorage memorial park also the cemetery gives out the funeral home.. maybe you can get more information on both of these guys

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 7:48PM GMT
sorry my email is marlenesteinerann@gci.net

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: Austin
Dear Marlene,
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate any info. I can get.
sincerely, betsy

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 7:22PM GMT

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 2:16AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
RICHARD W. AUSTIN
Peters Creek resident Richard W. Austin, 54, a commercial fisherman, died Sept. 2 at Providence Hospital.

A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at Anchorage Memorial Park with the Rev. Robert Fitts of Providence Hospital officiating. Family and friends will gather at Evergreen Memorial Chapel, Eighth Avenue and E Street, at noon Monday.

Mr. Austin was born March 11, 1936, in Visalia, Calif. He married Patsy Birch in 1965.

He had lived in Alaska for over 30 years and fished Cook Inlet commercially since 1962. He had owned and operated a Yellow Cab Service in the 1960s and was a member of the Teamsters Local 959.

He is survived by his wife, Patsy Birch Austin of Peters Creek; his son, Richard Birch Austin of Peters Creek; and his sisters, Virginia Blair of Canyon City, Colo., Mary Jane Whitley of Grand Junction, Colo., Patricia Neunest of Buena Park, Calif., and Marie Shride of Fresno, Calif.

Anchorage Daily News
Anchorage, Alaska
September 9, 1990

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 10:24PM GMT
Dear Mabel,
Thank you very much for the obit you sent on Richard W. Austin. It may give me some clues. I really appreciate the info. Sincerely, betsy
betsyboop77@aol.com

Posted: 13 Jan 2010 11:53AM GMT
I am the son of Richard White Austin, my Uncle was Donald Patrick Lee Austin. He has a daughter named Donna, Ross was not his child but he still loved him very much. I was very close to my uncle. My Dad was not very talkative about the family of the past, but I have since made contact with his youngest sister Marie. I would welcome any contact from anyone related to me. My e-mail address is cezar@gci.net. To prove my claim to be his son, I can tell you that he and Donald were both Hemophiliacs and they lost a brother to this illness as well. My dad and uncle both were fisherman up here in Alaska. Uncle Don died in 1986 and my dad Richard died in 1990. I am sorry that you did not get to see them before they died, but I have many pictures of them. I can post to facebook or send a picture disc. Please respond.

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 10:17AM GMT
I am so glad that you posted on this site, I am James Lanny Gouge, my dad was Harold Cleo Austin. My name was changed from Austin in the 50's when I went to live with my Grand parents. I lost touch with my dad in the middle 50's and in the past several years have located Aunt Marie and 2 others, one has died. To my knowledge only 2 sisters are living. I would like to locate the last known location of my father. you are welcome to call me on my verizon cell @ 336 465 1844. My e mail address is gougeflyer@yahoo.com

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 9:50AM GMT
i am richard and dons niece i grew up with them i would love to chat 719-369 5339 leave msg.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic