Search for content in message boards

Joseph Grier et al

Joseph Grier et al

Posted: 4 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: GREER, GRIER, CURRIE, BARCLAY, BARTLEY, GILL
I wish to communicate with anyone with information re Joseph GREER, wife Catherine, will dated 23 Nov 1780. Among Joseph's children were Barlett or Bartley Greer, Thomas, Elizabeth, Sarah, Martha, Nancy, Catherine, Peggy. Bartley GRAYER mentioned in will of James Bartley/BARKLEY/BARCLAY? Bartley married Nancy or Anne GILL. Also in Mecklinburg are John Maxey Greer, John Currie Greer, Richard Wilkins Greer, Hugh Berry Greer. I would also like to access a list of publications dealing with Mecklinburg and the other counties created from Lunenburg. Thank you.

Re: Joseph Grier et al

Barbara Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2006 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2006 12:28PM GMT
Surnames: gill, pathress, maynard, wagstaff
I am working on the Gill family from Granville N C./Mecklenburg Co Virginia. Nancy Anne was born abt. 1744 in Mecklenburg Virginia daughter of William Gill and Frances Pathress. Her brothers and sisters were Sarah Gill, Jane Gill, Mary Gill, Robert Gill, Joseph Gill, William Gill - (B1758 married 12-8-1783 to Judith Maynard daughter of Nicholas and Elizabeth Wagstaff. William Gill died in 1816 - I am related by daughter, Betsey Gill who married Robert W. Thomas), Frances Gill and Obedience Gill. Please contact me if you would like to share information.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Greer, Archer
Hope you're still here. In the John Archer family Bible Bartley Greer m Ann Archer. Other sources have her listed as Gill Archer. They are married the 12 Dec 1775 in Greene County GA. They have a son Thomas Gill Greer b 13 Sept 1776 and a daughter Sarah b 1778. When John Archer passes, Bartley buys his family Bible at his Est. Sale.
Source:
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ga/elbert/bibles/johnarch395gb...

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 7:53PM GMT
Did any of your Gill s' marry into the Archer Family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic