Elizabeth Connor Born Clare Ireland 1855

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 5:44PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Connor Ready / reddy / readdy
Elizabeth Connor Birth 1855 Ireland

Marriage John Ready ( Reddy )
8d 741

Death ??
i have 1904 but i can't confirm this and don't wish to purchase certificate in case it is wrong

i believe she had two children john f ready 1875
and Elizabeth ready 1879

i do not know if she had anymore

i know in 1881 she lived on 1 baptist street Manchester but i have nothing more on this woman

i have purchased her marriage certificate (still waiting for it to arrive )
to find out her fathers name so i am able to go back into her past as a Connor also as go forward to ready

can someone see if they can find anything more on this woman

anything will be appreciated
and if needed to purchase certificates etc i will gladly do it thanks in advance!!

Re: Elizabeth Connor Born Clare Ireland 1855

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 10:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Claire, I don't think you will be able to find out anything further back on this woman unless you can provide a location and/or her father's name. Sometimes you just have to "bite the bullet" and go ahead to purchase a certificate. Even if it proves to be the wrong one, at least you will have ruled out that as a line of enquiry.
Have you looked at the Clare Library site? www.clarelibrary.ie & go to the genealogy & family history section.
You may find references to Connors, but unless you know the fathers name you won't know if they are relevent or not.
Good luck with your searching!

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 1:40PM GMT
Hey there Katrina, i thought the same too i thought im not gonna get nowhere here with this woman unless i purchase her marriage certificate as it will have her fathers name on there
and info. so just waiting for it to arrive now as i purchased it online a few days ago so soon as it arrives I'll message you on here and let you know what the info turns up as, thanks x x

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Connor
Just Received Elizabeth Connors Marriage Certificate to John Ready i have now found out her Father is called Charles Connor,

but im still stuck! i can't seem to find her birth or baptism

on her census, it says she came from Clare, Ireland
i know now she was born approx 1852
her father is Charles Connor

can anyone help me?? stuck :(
Attachments:

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 9:44PM GMT
I think she may have come from the Parish of Kilfarboy, Ennistymon, Co.Clare. In the Griffith's Land Valuation of 1855
in Ireland there is a Charles Connor shown to have land in that Parish. Check out the Clare Library website www.clarelibrary.ie genealogy section and you will find that information amongst a whole load of genealogy information on Co. Clare. Try posting a message on the Clare Past forum on the website.

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 10:42PM GMT
thank you will take a look now

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 10:45PM GMT
could you send me the link where is shows that Charles Connor to have land in that parish please thanks in advance

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:18PM GMT

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:22PM GMT
Here is the link to the Clare Past forum where people post messages. http://www.ourlibrary.ca/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=49...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic