Search for content in message boards

DUNBAR'S of Hingham, Bridgewater, MA

DUNBAR'S of Hingham, Bridgewater, MA

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jul 2003 5:39PM GMT
Surnames: DUNBAR
Looking for info on my Daniel Dunbar b 1750 Bridgewater MA. I have been told that he is a desc of Robert & Rose Dunbar, but I can't find the connection to him, unless he is a cousin instead of direct desc.

Thanks
SALLY
sjhathaway@aol.com

Re: DUNBAR'S of Hingham, Bridgewater, MA

Bill Budde (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2002 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2006 12:25PM GMT
Surnames: Dunbar
Do you have any more information on Daniel? A Dunbar in Bridgewater at the time you suggest is almost certainly a descendant of Robert and Rose of Hingham, Massachusetts. Any marriage, parent or child information to narrow down the Daniel choices would be helpful.

Take care, Bill

Posted: 17 Dec 2002 3:51AM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2006 12:26PM GMT
Surnames: Dunbar, Gannett, Bennett, Studley, Cook
Sally, I have a reference to Robert Dunbar who was married and became a resident of Hingham, MA in 1650. Died in 1693. He had eleven children, one of whom was Joseph: born 1661, married Christine Gannett, died 1725. They had 13 children, one of whom was David, born 6/4/1704 in Hingham, died 1736 in Scituate. They had 3 daughters and 1 son, David (2nd), born 3/28/1734, died 12/29/1824. David (2nd) married Margaret Bennett of Scituate in 11/30/1756. They had 6 children, including a set of twins, Reuben and Lucy, born in 1769. Lucy Dunbar married Lewis Studley, son of Amosa Studley. They had 8 children, one of whom was Lewis, 2nd who married Amelica Cook. Further information is also in my family records. I hope some of this has helped. Can you find some link here that will help trace back to Robert and Rose? I don't have Robert's wife's name in my genealogy list. Robert came from Scotland, and the information I have is that he was a political refugee from Charles II. Came to US and originally settled in Plymouth Colony. Moved to Hingham when he married.

Posted: 9 Jan 2003 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: DUNBAR
I know that my Dunbar's came from there, but I cannot seem to connect them to Robert Dunbar. I just don't have enough info on my side I guess. Thanks for the info thou.
SALLY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic