Search for content in message boards

Lakeview Cemetery, Meaford

Lakeview Cemetery, Meaford

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 1:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I am looking to see if anyone would be able to get a picture of a gravestone for me at the Lakeview Cemetary in Meaford, Ontario.

The reason I am looking for this is I need to confirm a birth date. The person I would need it for may be the "long lost mother" of my mother in law or my wife's grandmother.

If you can help me please reply here and I can contact you.

Thanks,

Marc

Re: Lakeview Cemetery, Meaford

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 7:05PM GMT
Hi Marc...try this link:

http://www.canadianheadstones.com/on/cemetery.php?cemID=100

just click on the name that you want and it will bring up a photo of the headstone...I hope this helps!!

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 7:16PM GMT
Hi,

I've searched the link but the individual passed away in January 2012 so she is not on the website yet.

Marc

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 2:45AM GMT
Hello, unfortunately I live a three hour drive from Meaford. However will most likely be visiting this area sometime in the the Spring/Summer 2013.

I will flag this message and get back to you then and should you still need information will be happy to do this for you.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 4:42AM GMT
Since you didn't give a name, try looking for the obit here:
http://www.lifenews.ca/metroland/search?atype=Classified&...#
You will have to put in the date of death if you know it otherwise search by date on a daily basis.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 12:49PM GMT
That would be great and very kind of you. If and when I find the informaton I am looking for I will let you know so you don't make a stop that is unneeded.

Marc

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 1:04PM GMT
Hi Smyttie66,

I have the obituary (for Marie Bernice Pelkie, was born Fowler) from lifenews but the date of birth is not listed on the obituary. I've tried calling the funeral home to see if there was anything they could share but said they were not allowed to provide any information to me.

I've wrote letters to a few people in the obituary but have not heard back yet however I only wrote those letters recently. Also, tried calling and reached one of them but they seemed reluctant to share any information but I blame myself for that because I probably didn't articulate why I was calling all that well as they simply told me I need to do more research which of course is what I am trying to do.

Maiden name, age and where she lived seems to match. The DOB would likely confirm everything. Of course, IF this turns out to be her, it then opens up the adventure of finding the potential half-brother of my mother in law. Which I hope my letters that I sent will open that door.

Sorry for the long story!!

Marc

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 1:43AM GMT
If you haven't found the information that you are looking for already, I would be happy to assist as I live in Meaford.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions