Search for content in message boards

Cullinan, McNamara, andSixmilebridge

Cullinan, McNamara, andSixmilebridge

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McNamara, Ryan, Cullinan
I recently discovered that my great-great grandmother immigrated from Sixmilebridge in County Clare, Ireland. Her name was Katherine Cullinan, and she married Fred Pease shortly after arriving in America.

Katherine was born in 1872 and came to America in 1899/1900, and then married in 1903. She had a sister, Mary, who also came over, and married the brother of Kate's husband. Kate's parents were Thomas and Bridget (McNamara) Cullinan. Siblings of Kate include 2 unnamed that I was unable to find information on, sisters Mary, Bridget, and Margaret, and brothers Michael, Thomas, and James. I know Bridget had two daughters who eventually came to America, but Bridget herself died in Ireland. Her daughters, Norah and Molly Ryan, were both mentioned in Kate's obituary.

I'm not really sure what I'm hoping for here, since my family seems to be ridiculously small and hard to track down! But, I guess I'm just hoping someone out there finds these names familiar, or something, and is able to maybe chat with me about it :)

Re: Cullinan, McNamara, andSixmilebridge

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 12:08PM GMT
Hi Jessica,

Go to the Clare Library website at www.clarelibrary.ie
They have a big collection of free genealogy information relating to county Clare, including old maps etc. Also try posting your message on the Clare Past Forum, accessible through the same site (click on Forums). You can also search the forum for past posts which may be relevant. There are some very knowleagable people on the Forum who will be happy to help if they can. Good Luck!!

Re: Cullinan, McNamara, andSixmilebridge

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 5:12PM GMT
Thank you for the information :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic