Search for content in message boards

Coulmaine, Ireland???

Coulmaine, Ireland???

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quinlivan
I have recently discovered a cemetery burial record in stating that my great, great grandmother was born in a place called Coulmaine, Ireland. Other records I have located for her state that she was from County Clare. I cannot find any information about a place called Coulmaine. Does anyone have any information about this place in Ireland and where it may be?

Re: Coulmaine, Ireland???

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 6:59PM GMT
I suspect it's Coolmeen in the Parish of Kilfiddane Co.Clare. A few Quinlivan's there in the Griffith's Land Valuation of 1855 see the attached link http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/places/townlands/co... . Hope this helps.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:07AM GMT
I have a CD that the Latter Day Saints produced but no longer available dates 1864-1875 only:

If you have names that fit in those dates, these comes with parents names and civil registration district.

These are also available on www.familysearch.org from 1864-1950.

As indicated the Clare Library has the parish records but I'm not sure they do genealogy over the internet.

www.irelandxo.ie might be of help

Parish records are available at the Clare HGC (History/Heritage Geneology Center?) who only do research
on commission

The LDS 1839-1876 on microfilm British Film 0926101 You probably can get these on the website or at a LDS Heritage Center near you. They may need to order them in.

The National Library,Dublin Pos. 2481 personal research

1901/1911 Census: www.census.nationalarchives.ie

www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie Tithe Applotments 1820-1839 No Coulmaine or Coolmeen but several Parish Kilfiddane.

Co.Clare has 70% of all Quinlivan's in Ireland in the Griffith Valuation.

Annette Code

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 12:56AM GMT
Hi,

I have some indirect information that my Quinlivan's might have come from the parish of , Kilfiddane, Co Clare. I've been told by my Gaunts and uncles that we are from Ennis, but I've found conflicting data. I also believe my, GGUncle, John W Quinlivan had children who move to the Montana area years back. John settled in Hon, Arkansas. One of his sons, moved up into the Montana area..99% sure. I also I know of another Quinlivan family that I'm not directly related that settled in Montana so maybe you are from that family. I have more info if you think we might be related.

James Quinlivan

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 4:51AM GMT
The name Quinlivan appears in the Clare telephone book, 5 of 29 listings are in the Ennis area.

There were 80 Quinlivan's in Clare in the Griffith Valuation of 1855. These are the Parish's that the Poor Law Union of Ennis covered. Ennis PLU would be responsible for an area up to 12 mi. and all townlands, parishes and villages/towns.

Of the 80 Quinlivan's 33 were in the PLU of Ennis and these Parish's.

Hope this helps.

Annette Code

Bunratty, Clonlogan, Drumline, Kilconry, Tomfinlough, Clareabbey and Kilmaley

per page

Find a board about a specific topic