Search for content in message boards

Japanese internment camp in Kansas

Japanese internment camp in Kansas

Shari (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2004 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sagawinia????
Hello,

Where may I find the names of the people that were in the Japanese internment camp in Kansas?

My Grandfather and his family were there during WWII, and I wish to search the names, so I may find more information on them.
His last name has been changed, so I need to look for ones that are similar.

Thank you,

Re: Japanese internment camp in Kansas

Matt (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2004 1:46PM GMT
Hi Shari,

Start your search by looking at the website for the Japanese American National Museum: www.janm.org

They have extensive documentation on all the camps.

I also had good luck finding original documents in the national archives in Washington DC. The files I found even contained some personal letters as well as interrogation reports which revealed names and locations of family in Japan at that time.

Good luck,

Matt

Iris Ota (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2004 2:10PM GMT
Matt, is that you? Please email me if it is. I have done extensive, EXTENSIVE, genealogical research on your mother's side and I am trying now to research your father's side with as much documentation as possible for the benefit of my children, but also for the benefit of all the descendants of your father, whose numbers are increasingly yearly. Please email me and I will fill you in on recent marriages and births, preganancies, and so forth. God bless, much love, Iris

Matt LeVault (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 3:34PM GMT
Iris,

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. But it's OK. All Matts look the same on the internet.:-)

Take care and keep digging!

Matt

Iris Ota (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 10:10PM GMT
Thanks for your reply to my message. I thought you were a Matt Ota (Japanese surname), but I see now that you are Matt LeVault. Il me semble que vous avez un nom francais, des origines francaises peut-etre? Thank you very much for reply. Good luck in your own research. - Iris O.

Posted: 11 Sep 2013 2:48PM GMT
Hello
I am shooting a documentary and I would like to meet a survivor of the Japanese internment camp in Kansas or a descendant.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Vivianne P
per page

Find a board about a specific topic