Search for content in message boards

GLORIA ROSE&ANN MARTIN

GLORIA ROSE&ANN MARTIN

Posted: 31 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: MARTIN, LEGRIED
I AM LOOKING FOR GLORIA ROSE MARTIN AND HER SISTER ANN MARTIN. THEY WERE BORN IN LEE COUNTY KENTUCKY IN THE 1940'S TO A JOHN MARTIN AND A BERNETT LEGRIED. THEIR FATHER DIED WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG AND THE MOTHERS FAMILY LAST NAME LEGRIED LIVED IN DE FOREST WISCONSIN. SHE TOOK GLORIA AND ANN THERE SOME TIME IN THE LATE 40'S EARLY 50'S. I KNOW THIS IS NOT MUCH INFORMATION TO GO ON BUT IF ANYONE COULD HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION I CAN GET.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Family Query Forum

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 6:02PM GMT

Hi Martin Legried!

Saw your search for family while I was searching for another Legried from Norway. My great grandmother was a Legried(Lægreid)and some of her brothers and relatives went to the U.S. in 19th century.
Are your ancestors from Wisconsin/Norway?

Best regards Terje Norheim Trondheim Norway

Re: GLORIA ROSE&ANN MARTIN

Posted: 24 May 2003 2:52AM GMT
Not sure if you have recieved a answer on this yet. Ann martin is my Mother and gloria is my aunt. would like to get information from you, and also give you some if you would like.

Re: Family Query Forum

Posted: 24 May 2003 3:22AM GMT
also am great granddaughter of legrieds of madison and deforest. Would like to talk with you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 9:16AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: The Legrieds
Hi Laura!

I'm Terje Norheim. From Aardal in Sogn, Norway. Have been living in Trondheim, Norway since 1970.
Sorry that it took so long before answering.
My great grandmother was Jensine Legreid Vee. Her father was Jens Kristofferson Legreid - and his father was Kristoffer Jensson Lægreid.
My great grandfather was Jørgen Olsson Vee. seven of his siblings also emigrated from Norway to the Mid West States.
I've been in contact with and visited many of the Legrieds in southern Minnesota - in the Albert Lea area. Among them Peder Legried(died last year), Elaine Legried Peterson & Audrey Legried Riskedahl.
Are you related to Delores Ann Martin?

With best regards
Terje Norheim

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 2:25AM GMT
Hi, my great grandmother was a Legried. I think her father lived in Dane County, WI. Then he moved to Rake, Iowa. HIs name was Christopher (Kristoffer). HIs wife was Mary (Thompson) Legried. Mary's mother was also a Legried before she married. Her name was Fredrica. Just to make things more confusing. Mary also name one of her daughters Fredrica. She would be my great grandma's sister.

I don't know much about Chrisopher or Mary so if you come across them in you research, please let me know

Kaleb65

Re: GLORIA ROSE&ANN MARTIN

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Legried
Hi, my great great grandfather was a Legried living near de forest, Wi at one time. He move to Rake Iowa, but hisname was Christopher (Kristopher). It may be a possible relation.

However, I think Legried was a name of a town in Norway and that many people took its name when coming to the us. I have also come across many other Legrieds in Dane County, WI.

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 7:38PM GMT
Terje,

Just checking to see if you have finished your family tree. I have worked on mine on and off and still have more people to add. My Mother Delores Ann Martin also started a tree and I am trying to finish it.Let me know if I can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions