Search for content in message boards

Greaves Cottages Newfoundland Street Dublin

Greaves Cottages Newfoundland Street Dublin

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore Loughrey Newell
My g grandfather was noted in 1913 as living at 5 Greaves Cottages, Newfoundland Street. I have found where Newfoundland Street is but can not locate Greaves Cottages. Can anyone shed some light?

Re: Greaves Cottages Newfoundland Street Dublin

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 8:07PM GMT
Here is a map showing Newfoundland Street in 1876.
I hope it is of interest.
Attachments:

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 9:41PM GMT
Thank you so much. I do not suppose you know where Upper Iona Street is as well. Bit of a cheek to ask, but worth a try. Thanks again.

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 9:41PM GMT
Thank you so much. I do not suppose you know where Upper Iona Street is as well. Bit of a cheek to ask, but worth a try. Thanks again.

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 9:47PM GMT
Upper Iona Street does not ring a bell. There is a nice old estate of houses near Drumcondra called Iona that were built in the early 1900s, but I haven't come across an Iona Street. Perhaps it was also in that docklands area?

Posted: 14 Feb 2007 10:54AM GMT
Hello,

There's Iona Road in Glasnevin, Dublin. Where did you find the reference to Upper Iona Street?

Regards.
Eilis O'Hara

Posted: 14 Feb 2007 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Moore Loughrey Newell
Hi Upper Iona Street is the street name that appears on my aunts birth certificate. She was born in the 1920's. Registration District is Dublin North City 1 East. Regards

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 1:09PM GMT
It must have been somewhere in what's now the Docklands. The whole area there has been redeveloped and none of the old neighbourhoods survive.

The only Iona Street I've seen is the one in Glasnevin.

Pat

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 11:34PM GMT
Thoms Directory 1922 shows only the various Iona road etc in Glasnevin, Iona terrace on S Circular road and Iona villas on Finglas road.All except S Circ road would be North city .. but not East?
regards Etain

Posted: 17 Jul 2008 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Newell, Loughrey, Greene, Lynch
Thanks for all the replies. Iona is in fact incorrect. It was written on a birth certificate and as evryone has said it is not in East Wall. I went back to the Registras Office and they apologised for the error. I should have said Jane Place but had been copied incorrectly. Thank you to everyone who replied, if it were not for you all I would not have queried it. Lorraine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions