Search for content in message boards

ABUCEWICZ, KORONCZYK, KARASIEWICZ, KNONENBERG from Poland

ABUCEWICZ, KORONCZYK, KARASIEWICZ, KNONENBERG from Poland

Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Feb 2004 3:49PM GMT
Just starting to research my mother's side.

If you have any info on the above surnames, I'll be glad to share what I know!

Kurzadkowski, Kurzatkowski, Kurzentkhowsky, Kurzentnik, Radscky

wieslawa chojnowski (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2003 4:32PM GMT
I am looking for information on any of the above.

Re: Just starting the search...

JOEL CADRAIN (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 4:14PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 11:36PM GMT
Hi ther I am just interested in finding out if I have any other
relatives out ther.

Sara (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 4:14PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Cadrains
Hey Joel-

As far as I can tell, all Cadrains are related. If you send me your parents names to my email address, I can try to figure out how we are related. I have lots of info on the Cadrain history.

Your cousin,

Sara

JOEL CADRAIN (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cadrain, McKinnon
Hi Sara.
My father's name was Billy Joseph Cadrain born at Midnight Lake, Sask. March 11, 1933.
My mother's name is Catherine McKinnon born at Fairholm, Sask. June 13, 1932.
Thanks Joel

Re: Kurzadkowski

george kurzatkowski (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2002 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Kurzatkowski
My parents were born in sokoly, Poland. My dad's name is Kurzatkowski. His father and grandfather are buried in Romany, Poland. I am researching my tree from that point back. Anyone with info on where I should look for marriage, birth, and death records would be greatly appreciated. My parents are both from small villages near Lomza. Where do I go to look for these records??

Thanks,
George

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Kurzatkowski, Kurzadkowski, Napiorkowski
My grandfather's name was Philipp Alexander Kurzatkowski (my mother's baptismal record shows it as Kurzadkowski). He was born in Poland in about 1890-95 or so and died in Connecticut on 10-16-1962. His father was Martin Kurzatkowski and his mother was Julianna Napiorkowski. The story that I have is that he was the youngest of 10 children and his mother died in childbirth. The father sent him to the US by himself at about age 15. I have no more information on this branch of my family. I did find my grandparents original marriage certificate (married in Port Chester NY) and his name is Kurzadkowski and it says he was born in Romany. Can you help me with any more information? Thankyou

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 10:12PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 3:42PM GMT
I am 30,I was in Poland to visit family a few months ago. My parents were born in POland. My grandfather, Stanislaw Kurzatkowski was born in Sokoly, Poland in 1897 and died in 1969. He and his wife, Alexandra Kurzatkowski are buried in Romany. My great grandfather's name was John and his wife was named Agnieszka, I don't know any dates of death or birth. I got a print out of the soc sec death index for Kurzatkowski and there are quite a few names in CT. Both none are family to me I have been told. Since u have family that were from Romany, maybe genearations ago they were related. I am trying to see how I can get info from Poland about my family history. I guess they have archives and church records. I am planning on going back to Poland for a visit in a few years and I will go the archives and get everything I can while I am there.
George

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 11:14PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 3:41PM GMT
I believe we may be on to something here. My mothers name was Alexandra Monica Kurzatkowski (I'm guessing that she was named after her father). I've gone to mapquest.com looking for Sokoly and Romany... are they near Stawiski? Here is a link to the map that I found... You can paste it into your address box. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?mapdata=rBg1WL My family is from Stamford CT... I haven't checked the online white pages but I'm guessing that a number of those Kurzatkowski's are my uncles sons. I have one living aunt (daughter of Philipp) but she said they never spoke of the old country. If I'm on the right track here maybe I can do some more tracking... my guess is that Philipp and Stanislaw are related... brothers? cousins? but at least I have more names. I hope you will stay in touch...my email address is monica@bridgernet.com. If you'd like to send yours then I'll let you know if I find anything. I understand that it's not possible to get family history info from Poland and will be happy to explain that to you off list. You've given me alot of information that is probably a link way back when. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you. --Monica

Posted: 3 Nov 2002 1:15AM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Kurzatkowski, Kurzadkowski, Napiorkowski
Hello,
I came across you post dated 3-13-01 on Rootsweb. My mothers name was Kurzatkowski (possibly originally spelled Kurzadkowski). I'm looking for information on Philipp Alexander Kurzatkowski (spelled with a "d" on marriage certificate) who was born in Romany, Lomza, Poland in 1892. His father was Martin and his mother was born Julianna Napiorkowski. She died at his birth in 1892. Martin sent Philip alone to the US as a teenager. He was the youngest of 10 children. I understand that there are "Kurzadkowski's" in the cemetary in Romany. Does any of this sound familiar to you? Thanks for any help you might give.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions