Search for content in message boards

Moore or Moor ancestry

Moore or Moor ancestry

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 9:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Aukusitino Lino Titiona Moore
Hi,

I grew up thinking I was full Samoan, however have recently discovered one of our ancestors was named Henry Moore, from approximately 6 generations back. I am not sure of the correct spelling or country of origin but will use Moore in this message.

My granddad's name was Aukusitino Lino (Leauvaa Upolu), his dad was Lino Titiona (Leauvaa Uplolu and/or Matautu Savaii), I am told his dad was Titiona Moore (from Matautu / Satolopai Savaii I think) and perhaps his dad or his granddad was Henry Moore.

I would like to start generating a (framed) family tree as a gift to my dad, so any help or information anyone can offer would be awesome :)

Cheers,
Tina

Re: Moore or Moor ancestry

Posted: 20 Dec 2011 6:15AM GMT
You are quite possibly descended from Harry Jay Moors, who lived in Apia in the late 1800s. He married Nimo Johnston who was part Samoan. There is a Moors message board in the surname section of Ancestry message boards.

Re: Moore or Moor ancestry

Posted: 20 Dec 2011 11:05AM GMT
Thanks for your response Chris and for pointing out that section for me. I have now also found a thread on Henry Clay Moors, father of Harry Jay Moors :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic