Search for content in message boards

Davis/Minor /Six families

Davis/Minor /Six families

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 3:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: MINOR, DAVIS, SIX
I am seeking a Samuel M (?Minor) b ab 1752 in VA.
His father was Thomas C Davis b 1730 in Bucks Co. PA and m Elizabeth Minor.
Also a Priscilla Minor who m William Six both b PA. probably Greene Co.
Who were ancestors of Priscilla Minor and what is the connection between her and Elizabeth Minor?
The Sixes were from Greene Co.
Thank you for any assistance.

Re: Davis/Minor /Six families

linda (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2004 11:01PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: WALKER
do you know if they married into the Walker family cause mine were from Greene and Washingtin counties?

Posted: 2 Oct 2004 12:50PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: WALKER
Do you have info that any of these families married into a Walker family?

barbara hoehn (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 1:28PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Six
My Davis family lived near Six family just over the PA line on border of Wetzel and Monongalia Co., WV. John Six was notary who signed property deed when my Davis family sold their farm there in 1892. I was curious abt. any Davis information you have. Please reply.

linda (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 3:42PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: RICHMOND, EMERY
i will see what i can find but also around those counties i have my dads people by the name of Richmonds and Emery from westel county and around have you heard of them?

Posted: 2 Oct 2004 4:10PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS, SIX, CHEESEMAN, PECK, CORNELL, CHAMBLIN, SIX
Barbara,
There appear to be two Davis families in my ancestry. I dont know if they are related.Both come from my gr grandparents, Mary Ida SIX and William CHEESEMAN who m in 1884, Marietta, Ohio. Ancestor of M.Ida is GARY DAVIS, b ab 1763 in Frederick Co. VA. He m Roseannah PECK in 1787, Loudoun Co VA. They moved to Harrison Co, WV about the same time as a Samuel Davis who m Phoebe Cornell. I suspect they were brothers.
William CHEESEMAN/CHEESMAN descends from Mary DAVIS, b 1778 who m George CHAMBLIN in Loudoun Co. Mary's father was Samuel M DAVIS. I have the marriage bond. (the bond doesn't include the (M) but other documents do.
I would love to hear more from you about the Sixes and Davises who lived near each other. Maybe we can come up with a Davis ancestry.
My Ida Six b in MD and then moved to Wv and Ohio.
William Cheeseman b Ohio and lived Ohio and WV.
They had PA roots also. A large Six population from Greene Co PA.
Family history,(from Ida) states relationship to Jefferson Davis.
I know lots of us have heard this story! but everything else my grandmaw said, I have proven! And then some!
Thanks for your reply and hope to hear from you soon and exchange more info!
Linda Hadley

barbara hoehn (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Six
All I can tell you abt. Six and Davis connection is that abt. 5 years ago I contacted the secretary at the Oak Forest Methodist Church and in checking Davis's buried there, she also spoke to a Kimbal Six who said Davis farm was right next door to the old Six place....this is over a hundred years later....
that is only connection. I am sorry I don't have more....As far as my Davis family, am back as far as Daniel Davis b. abt. 1761 who moved from Sussex
Co, DE to Monongalia Co with his wife Luranah and children born by then, abt. the late 1790's...So many Davis's out there....

Barbara Hoehn (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS
Linda....my greatgrandmother also talked abt. Jefferson Davis family connection w/ties in Baltimore where her mother was born...I never found anything even close in trying to find connection....

Posted: 8 Mar 2005 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Hi,
I am searching for a Jesse Davis born in PA c. 1760. Other names in this family: Isaac, Nathanial, Kinsey, Jesse Jr., Rachel, Rebecca, Mary Polly, Sarah, Eliza or Adeline, Thomas, John, and Nancy. Please let me know if any of the above sound familiar. Pam

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2006 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: SIX, DAVIS
Barbara,
In re- reading our emails re: the Davis/Six connection I notice your reference to your gr grandmother who had Baltimore connections , does not mention her name.
I wonder if you could send to me so that I can explore that avenue.
I have just hired a researcher in colonial Virginia genealogy and will be happy to share any results he finds.
Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions