Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 not syncing

FTM 2012 not syncing

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 12:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
My FTM tree is uploaded and on Ancestry.com. Yesterday I made changes, added some people. Did a manual sync. FTM says "trees are in sync", but changes do not show in Ancestry.com. New people missing. I recently had to uninstall/reinstall FTM 2012 due to a glitch - thought that might be a clue - still, FTM does link directly into my tree on Ancestry, older data intact. What gives?

Re: FTM 2012 not syncing

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 3:02PM GMT
jsuriano,

Did you Re-Register FTM2012 after you re-installed it?

What happens, exactly, when you do the Manual Sync?

Are there any warnings or status messages? Do you see the uploading bar's on your screen?

Russ

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 3:25PM GMT
I thought I had re-registered, but did it again to be sure.
Manual sync seems to progess normally, uploading, etc.... and then it says "online and local trees are in sync". Just below that, in the Plan view, I click on my online tree, which takes me to Ancestry.com, and all the people I deleted are still there, and the new ones are not. No warnings. Another point: after my original upload of the tree, the overview showed 4,006 people. I have added and deleted, and in FTM have now 3,950. Anc. shows 4005 (I think I deleted one online).

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 3:43PM GMT
jsuriano,

Did you wait until everything was updated? Including the Media?

In the People Workspace, Family View, Index, the number is 3,950?

Did you go back to look at the number of people in your AMT AFTER the uploading was complete?

Russ

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 4:46PM GMT
I waited until there was nothing more 'happening' in the "Plan" workspace - no more progress bars, popups, whatever. And FTM stayed open - just supposing there was something going on in the background. Yes, In the People Workspace, Family View, Index, the number is 3,950. AMT currently shows 4,005, regardless of whether I open it from FTM or from my browser. As mentioned, I deleted a whole group of people from FTM the other day, but they are still in AMT.
I'd rather not repeat the hassle of uninstalling/reinstalling FTM 2012, perhaps I should delete my tree from Ancestry, rename it and upload it as new?

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 7:18PM GMT
jsurianco,

Do NOT uninstall nor re-install.

In the upper right windows, in the Plan Workspace, it will Tell you that the Media has been complete.

Please Compact your file, in the Tools menu, then do the Sync Now.

Russ

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 8:23PM GMT
Do not see anything about media being complete.
Did compact file (again). Did make one tiny change so that a new sync was called for. Got the progress boxes "Synchronizing linked trees...Total sync. progress...Showing sync change log". Also "Importing data....validating data". Online tree still not changed. Screenshot attached.
Attachments:

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 9:04PM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2011 9:05PM GMT
jsuriano,

Please see the attached. It will be there AFTER the Data is uploaded and it will be done in the background. But and the end, you will see this.

Russ
Attachments:

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 10:21PM GMT
Well, that message doesn't come up; whether it did the first time or not I can't say. I am considering trying a fresh start: on my computer, "export" tree within computer and rename it, internally, first? Delete tree on Ancestry.com, upload with new name? Wait period in between?
I'm getting a little frustrated.
Is it just me, or is it a bug?
I have the same program installed on a laptop, too, and just looking at it, I saw that it said that my tree needed to be uploaded and synced. Haven't gone there yet. I understand that you can upload only from one computer, and obviously that must be my (primary) desktop. You saw the screenshot from it.
Thanks for your interest.

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 10:52PM GMT
jsurano,

Are you saying that your are trying to use FTM2012 on the SAME AMT from to Computers? Sorry, that won't work. One PC with FTM2012 to One Ancestry Member Tree.

Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic